Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum due shortly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Jnealon wrote: »
    Our company policy is not to use new products until they have been on the market for at least 6 months.
    All manufacturers issue fixes for panels in the first few months.
    It's a risk that I am not willing to take anymore

Have to agree with you on this one, we won't be using the new HKC until at least April/May next year.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I will be using it from day 1. If there are any issues which I dont expect there to be, HKC will always have a solution.

I find there equipment to be highly reliable and its Irish made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Made in China and assembled in Ireland, like everything else

Creating Irish jobs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    Creating Irish jobs.
    Watch and see how many they get rid of in Astec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

KoolKid wrote: »

Watch and see how many they get rid of in Astec.

Glass half empty !!!! How many jobs are they going to keep ????? Glass half full !!

Every Job in Ireland is valuable and who is to say that ASTEC werent going to close at the loss of ALL the Jobs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Possibly. But I don't think the consumer is going for that with regard to any electronic goods. Sure every other person has an iPhone these days. To push HKC an Irish made is pushing it a bit IMO.

Possibly. But I don't think the consumer is going for that with regard to any electronic goods. Sure every other person has an iPhone these days. To push HKC an Irish made is pushing it a bit IMO.

Irish designed and supported but made in China!:)

As you said...
    Cadzer wrote: »
    Glass half empty !!!! How many jobs are they going to keep ????? Glass half full !!
    Equally one could argue ,with the same point, how many jobs could be created by manufacturing here.

As you said...
    Equally one could argue ,with the same point, how many jobs could be created by manufacturing here.

Agreed , manufacuturing could be done here but as you are are aware that would have to effect the price of the product and from previous posts you think the quantum is to expensive as it is.

• Advertisement

Agreed

Very hard to justify manufacturing anything in Ireland as it would make everything more expensive.
    Eur0plex did it for a long time and texecom do it in the UK, not sure how texe continue to do it and stay competitive

I agree, but as cadzer says it goes both ways.
    When one is praising them for creating Irish jobs they must also accept they are giving jobs away as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stormvogel

heard from the horses mouth that only about 250 fusion panels left in stock. when they are gone they are gone, they will be no more.... ever...... We are getting a few for stock to make take overs easier in the coming months.....
    Quantum looks excellent and I agree with altor, we have a couple bought already and will be installing straight away. Compared to powermax a little bit more expensive but much easier and much nicer to look at, a real quality product.... Bring it on phonewatch!

Regardless of where they get there parts, they are an Irish company, who have created Irish jobs. That is better than creating none at all. As has being pointed out Astec where loosing money so it was only a mater of time before they closed there doors, sure they had a skeleton crew compared to when they where going well so I am sure most knew what was on the cards.

Have I missed something?
    Has an obsolete date been announced?
    From what I hear they are legally obliged to honour all guarantees.
    That would be 2 years for all control equipment from the obsolete date.

stormvogel wrote: »
    Bring it on phonewatch!
    Never going to happen.
    But the "new" Aritech panel will allow you to take over pw jobs and use existing sensors

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stormvogel

The ATS? EEECK! Horrible....

An even easier option with P.W is just take over the system they have installed. I am not a fan of the XT though, seems very cheaply put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Never going to happen.
    But the "new" Aritech panel will allow you to take over pw jobs and use existing sensors

I heard about that infairness to Aritech, prey tell, has anyone tried this panel on an existing PW system? An bhfuil se ag obair?

I am really loving this new Quantum, I have seen it and examined it etc., PW will be under a little pressure.

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    I heard about that infairness to Aritech, prey tell, has anyone tried this panel on an existing PW system? An bhfuil se ag obair?

I am really loving this new Quantum, I have seen it and examined it etc., PW will be under a little pressure.

Me too, it is very well put together :D

With regards to the P.W, the panel to use instead of the pan P.W has installed depends on the system that is installed as they use different frequencys for the sensors. I can't see how the Quantum will have any effect on P.W as they use the Simon XT.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

Is it out yet??

September 5th was the date I heard today.

Heard that today also, something to do with a trade fair coming up :D

any other companies going to be at this trade fair.
    Sounds more like a hkc love in to me

Could it be HKC are waiting to see what the Siemens rebrand brings.
    Possibly they are concerned of how their own wireless pricing will go.
    The prices I have heard on the Quantum is pretty close to existing Securewave.
    If those prices prove correct and Siemens come out with cheaper wireless then that's going to be interesting.

any other companies going to be at this trade fair.
    Sounds more like a hkc love in to me

Not that I know of. There will be a free component for each company that attends, thats all I can say. It is just to officially release the new Quantum 70.

Once this wireless kit is out I think they need to seriously look at grade 3 kit

Once this wireless kit is out I think they need to seriously look at grade 3 kit

Speaking of which, whats the story with GSD?:confused:

• Advertisement

not sure but I was always sceptical or any wireless that claimed to be G3
    You'd be constantly changing batteries .

Advertisement