Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum due shortly

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

oh so it has a hard wired SABB connection... i have a sheet here that only mentions the RF SABB..theres alot of info im missing.. have they changed it so that it announces what zones are open when arming????? great for people with sight problems.that would make it perfect!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

oh so it has a hard wired SABB connection... i have a sheet here that only mentions the RF SABB..theres alot of info im missing.. have they changed it so that it announces what zones are open when arming????? great for people with sight problems.that would make it perfect!!!:D

You must of being asleep at the show when you seen it :D

no i seen it.had a google. but the guy was more interested in me having an interest in alarms.. he gave me a card saying to call him that they will be showing engineers how to install them...never did call ...Christy H was his name

no i seen it.had a google. but the guy was more interested in me having an interest in alarms.. he gave me a card saying to call him that they will be showing engineers how to install them...never did call ...Christy H was his name

You wont need that after putting in the Securewave.

well im not an installer so i dont think i would have been allowed attend :p
    but does it announce the zones that are open when trying to set it???vocally??:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

well im not an installer so i dont think i would have been allowed attend :p
    but does it announce the zones that are open when trying to set it???vocally??:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Why so confused ?

cause im trying to ask if the panel will vocally announce what zones are open when trying to set it..:D;)

cause im trying to ask if the panel will vocally announce what zones are open when trying to set it..:D;)

Yes it should once the zone voice is set up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Off topic posts removed.
    If ye want to chat in gibberish text each other.

altor wrote: »
    UTC it is now. Here is there new panel, NX-10-EUR. Not out yet.
    that looks like the aritech cs350d(think thats the one) i have an aritech in the shed that has the same cover as that

• Advertisement

that looks like the aritech cs350d(think thats the one) i have and aritech in the shed that has the same cover as that

Same control panel cover but different PCB and keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Does anyone know, are HKC still going ahead and developing that wireless RKP. I did see one in action a few years ago at ifsec and knew that the lads were concerned about battery life.
    Next thing I knew that bloody fob thing was out.

Anyone know the story with it? Will it be produced?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Last I heard they were. Wasn't there also to be an option to power it locally?

kub wrote: »
    Does anyone know, are HKC still going ahead and developing that wireless RKP. I did see one in action a few years ago at ifsec and knew that the lads were concerned about battery life.
    Next thing I knew that bloody fob thing was out.

Anyone know the story with it? Will it be produced?

They are still working on it. It was meant to be out the same time as the Quantum.

Jeeze Kool Kid, there is no flies on you, that was a rapid response well done.
    Actually now that you mentioned it there was indeed a mention of a seperate PSU. Mind you may not be ideal if someone was to unplug it ****no rkp comms***** etc.

I hope they do though, it would really finish off their already impressive wireless range.

I hope they do though, it would really finish off their already impressive wireless range.

It would make it very handy for walk testing an entire system with a keypad you can walk around with :D

Yes Altor it would, reminds me of a gadget I must invent. You know the way you put your multimeter back at the panel, with the crocodile clips plugged onto those zone cables.
    That zone with those 25 year old itec inertia sensors x 15, then the contacts and the manky jbs.
    Well the yolk i always wanted to invent was a multimeter with a detachable screen that you could bring around with you, instead of the yo-yo motion we all have to endure.
    Or even better anyone remember the Aplex, it used to give ohmn readings of the zones, ok not an exact science, but infairness that was 20 years ago.
    Just think what the manufacturers could do if they put their minds to it, point id aside.

Yes Altor it would, reminds me of a gadget I must invent. You know the way you put your multimeter back at the panel, with the crocodile clips plugged onto those zone cables.
    That zone with those 25 year old itec inertia sensors x 15, then the contacts and the manky jbs.
    Well the yolk i always wanted to invent was a multimeter with a detachable screen that you could bring around with you, instead of the yo-yo motion we all have to endure.
    Or even better anyone remember the Aplex, it used to give ohmn readings of the zones, ok not an exact science, but infairness that was 20 years ago.
    Just think what the manufacturers could do if they put their minds to it, point id aside.

Same with the old fusion :D

I cant see why they could not invent something like that, it is only a remote screen you would need. Good idea for anyone looking for something to invent ;)

Actually now that you mentioned it there was indeed a mention of a seperate PSU. Mind you may not be ideal if someone was to unplug it ****no rkp comms***** etc.
    I would imagine rechargeable back up battery of some sorts. Power cut & no keypad is not much use & I doubt the standards would like it.

Too Late
    http://www.fluke.com/fluke/usen/community/fluke-news-plus/articlecategories/dmms/fluke-233.htm

altor wrote: »
    Same with the old fusion :D

I cant see why they could not invent something like that, it is only a remote screen you would need. Good idea for anyone looking for something to invent ;)

Yes indeed, there goes my pension, just have to rely on those old reliable monthly cheques.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    I would imagine rechargeable back up battery of some sorts. Power cut & no keypad is not much use & I doubt the standards would like it.

Too Late
    http://www.fluke.com/fluke/usen/community/fluke-news-plus/articlecategories/dmms/fluke-233.htm

Well thats Fluke up on the top of the charts again, must get one, Thanks KoolKid.

Infairness though with regard to the RKP, we all know HKC seem to get it right when they put something out to the market.

we all know HKC seem to get it right when they put something out to the market.

That is for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Well thats Fluke up on the top of the charts again, must get one, Thanks KoolKid.

Infairness though with regard to the RKP, we all know HKC seem to get it right when they put something out to the market.

I had a look at that. It's seems to be exactly what I wanted except the maximum range is only 10 meters. It might do the job for a lot of jobs but the range would still be a problem. Maplin are selling them for €250.

I had a look at that. It's seems to be exactly what I wanted except the maximum range is only 10 meters. It might do the job for a lot of jobs but the range would still be a problem. Maplin are selling them for €250.

Expensive enough but would be handy to have. Not a great range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

ACT meters have a handy tester for finding high res faults.

Jnealon wrote: »
    ACT meters have a handy tester for finding high res faults.

Have you got a link to it?

Maplin, in fairness if what they charge for alarm gear is anything to go by, we might be as well off to check on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Maplin, in fairness if what they charge for alarm gear is anything to go by, we might be as well off to check on line.

About six weeks ago i got a price from a 'well known' suppliers of €450 +vat. At the time they weren't that far off. On the face of it, Maplins price is quite good.

No consistency with them . At the same time they have no problem charging €40 for a battery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement