Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nudist beaches

• 16-08-2011 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

Are there any in Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

They all are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

To be honest we're an unattractive bunch when fully clothed.

Burqa's for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

Burqa's for all.

lols, just put this thread up for a bit of light relief from all the doom and gloom topics. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Username: Looky loo

Thread: Asking if there are any nude beaches in Ireland

It writes itself :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Dirty buggers, oh . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Sure you cant be walking around with your irish catholic shame swinging betwixt your knees :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Get yourself a sandpit for the backgarden OP, advertise NEW NUDIST BEACH! on AH, the masses will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭stevejr

looky loo wrote: »
    lols, just put this thread up for a bit of light relief from all the doom and gloom topics. :)

....we all knew you were looking for a bit of light relief alright...

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    Get yourself a sandpit for the backgarden OP, advertise NEW NUDIST BEACH! on AH, the masses will come.

lol..more like putting on me bikini and shivering at the radiator..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

No official nudist beaches AFAIK, but Inch beach is generally accepted as a place you can go nude as long as you are not too close to the road by the shop...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

A lot of unofficial ones I'd say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I don't think we get the weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I don't think we get the weather!

Yip, more chance of raincoat-clad beaches than nudey ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

deathrider wrote: »
    Yip, more chance of raincoat-clad beaches than nudey ones.

They usually exist right beside the nudist beach. For some reason, these beaches are always full of single, middle-aged men. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I've a bit of sand outside the house. I'm sure theres a few puddles around. You're more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

*fap fap fap*

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Brittas bay has a bit that is nudist. its not the main beach its past the golf club on towards arklow....
    Never been of course ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I have this weird sensation of a very slight sense of pins and needles *there*, I think it was from pulling too hard yesterday. >_> I really, really hope nothing permanent was done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    I've a bit of sand outside the house. I'm sure theres a few puddles around. You're more than welcome.
    Party at pragmatic's house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

nudist beach in my bedroom in 5 minutes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Sure, they're all nude under their swimsuits. The sluts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Supposedly part of Donabate beach there's a place where nudists congregate but I've been down there 400 times with my telephoto lens and never seen anyone in the nudie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Sure you cant be walking around with your irish catholic shame swinging betwixt your knees :eek:

betwixt your knees??? Great, something else I have to be ashamed of.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mickjg

Burqa's for all.

May I suggest the Burkini?

http://www.burkini.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Mickjg wrote: »
    May I suggest the Burkini?

http://www.burkini.com/

Pamela Anderson and Carmen Electra eat yer hearts out.

There was talk befroe of making the nuns strand in Ballybunion a nudist beach but I'm not sure if anything came of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

You'd only end up with chilly willy on an Irish nudist beach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Someone told me just this weeked that Long Strand (don't laugh) in West Cork is a bit of an unofficial nudist beach.....well parts of it....mainly everyone is wrapped up and leaning at 45degrees into the wind and rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

theres a spot near kilkee beach where older men get together and go swimming afaik...
    when i was a kid we were on a family holiday in france where many go nude at the beach.. but there was a group of young people (around 17) playing volleyball in the nip- i was morto:o

I stumbled across one when I was in Alicante. There I saw a relatively heavy man doing yoga. So, I'm now completely against them. Some things cannot be unseen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭conorhal

No official nudist beaches AFAIK, but Inch beach is generally accepted as a place you can go nude as long as you are not too close to the road by the shop...

Given our climate, that sounds about right.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Kojak wrote: »
    They usually exist right beside the nudist beach. For some reason, these beaches are always full of single, middle-aged men. :confused:
    How dare you :eek:!!! single men indeed.....I've been married for 30yrs :(,..anyway topsie enjoys his daily run on the beach & the binoculars are for my ship spotting hobby :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Who wants to see some shrivelled up 90 year old granda stones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

orourkeda wrote: »
    Who wants to see some shrivelled up 90 year old granda stones?

Billy Clysdale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

The baths in Dalkey are male nudist aren't they?

I didn't believe my friend when he told me. I assumed that in this day and age you couldn't have segregated baths like that. So my friend stayed at the top of the hill and 17 year old me struts down to be met with some old guy drying his balls. I made my apologies and went back up to my friend who was pissing himself laughing. I promised to never question him again.

When we told his Mum all she said was "oh god you didn't bring her down there did you?!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eimear10

where are the dalkey baths? at bulloch harbour?.. on one of the big jutting out rocks there at whiterock in killiney , there is always naked men showing off there junk . you can see them while passing by on the dart !! uckkk

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

A naked man always looks ridiculous.I see men of every age wearing those half trousers and i think those hairy legs just don't look right at all ....what kind of statement are they trying to make?Picking up dust and dirt from the streets.Overweight too what do they think they look like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

wild_cat wrote: »

I didn't believe my friend when he told me. I assumed that in this day and age you couldn't have segregated baths like that. So my friend stayed at the top of the hill and 17 year old me struts down to be met with some old guy drying his balls. I made my apologies and went back up to my friend who was pissing himself laughing. I promised to never question him again.

When we told his Mum all she said was "oh god you didn't bring her down there did you?!"

That doesn't make it make only nudist, were you asked to leave? Should have got your kit off and made him uncomfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kojak wrote: »

Nah, they're all on AH...
    pragmatic1 wrote: »
    *fap fap fap*
    bassy wrote: »
    nudist beach in my bedroom in 5 minutes :)

.. see?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wild_cat wrote: »

I didn't believe my friend when he told me. I assumed that in this day and age you couldn't have segregated baths like that.
    They are not segregated! women swim there all the time, nude and clothed. It is not "nude only" or anything, there are usually more clothed people swimming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Walk on to Bray beach.
    Strip off.
    It just became a nudist beach.

*Note: You may get arrested and placed on the sex offenders register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Walk on to Bray beach.
    Strip off.
    It just became a nudist beach.

*Note: You may get arrested and placed on the sex offenders register.

were your hands handcuffed ? if yes ..behind ya or in front of ya ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnhaha

inch beach in co kerry is unofficial nudist i have used it myself many times and have seen men / women/ couples nude there but its 20 male to one female and the men have a habit of chatting you up . Lots of people walk the beach and they take no notice of the nudists who are walking or swimming but most stay in the dunes and you can drive along the beach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

johnhaha wrote: »
    inch beach in co kerry is unofficial nudist i have used it myself many times and have seen men / women/ couples nude there but its 20 male to one female and the men have a habit of chatting you up . Lots of people walk the beach and they take no notice of the nudists who are walking or swimming but most stay in the dunes and you can drive along the beach

Was that worth the first post?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

he must be an awful dirty fecker to post that after almost 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Junior Jacon Jeese Jurger

While it's already bumped, might as well lighten up the thread.

How do you spot a gay man on a nudist beach?
    It's not hard.

Assuming ofcourse it's only females besides himself, and due to my explanation of the joke I've proably ruined it but you can't have everything in life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

No because if we were to take off and reveal ourselves to be fully naked our bits would shrivel and fall, so it's best avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not when you're wearing a tinfoil hat!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Not when you're wearing a tinfoil hat!
    And reveal our heads, nonsense1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Kerry got internet in march 2010. They got electric to charge their laptop today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement