Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favorite pint glass to drink from?

Options
  • 16-08-2011 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Just for fun!

Mostly generic beers!

What's your favorite pint glass to drink from? 143 votes

Bud
    0% 0 votes
    Harp
    6% 10 votes
    Heineken
    2% 4 votes
    Miller
    19% 28 votes
    Stella
    0% 1 vote
    Coors Light
    0% 1 vote
    Smithwicks
    2% 3 votes
    Guinness
    8% 12 votes
    Bavaria
    30% 43 votes
    Tubourg
    0% 0 votes
    Carlsberg
    0% 0 votes
    Bulmers
    14% 21 votes
    Fosters
    11% 16 votes
    Tennants
    0% 1 vote
    Other. Please Specify
    2% 3 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

a pepsi class

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

I never drink Heineken, ever in pubs, cans, bottles you name it I wont drink it but I work in a pub and always pour whatever I'm drinking, soft drink wise into an old style Heineken glass.

Hate Coors glasses, they look cool but are too bulky, hate Guinness glasses. The Becks n Miller glasses are cool too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Does it make a difference? I'd have thought drinking from any glass was the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭inkwell

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Fago! wrote: »
    Does it make a difference? I'd have thought drinking from any glass was the same.

Becks glasses make a big difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Carling pint glass, I drink Heineken. If they don't have the glass then a normal Heineken glass but the widget in the Carling glass is far better, I like a big head on the pint because I like to see the gas flowing through the pint for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

they are made with the small circular thing at the bottom to increase the amount of froth (head). Genius idea and a great pint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

The next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

A stalker glass

I've only drank out of heineken glasses and mojito glasses. beer in a wine glass is great.

/swirls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Fago! wrote: »

Yeh it does, most company design there pint glasses to help get the best from there own brand? Or so ive been told if im wrong ill gladly be corrected.

Also when in a pub the pubs are meant to serve yeh your drink in the right pint glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I don't really care, as long has it's a pint glass. The rest are just posh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I want one of those coffin shaped pint glasses.

Yeh it does, most company design there pint glasses to help get the best from there own brand? Or so ive been told if im wrong ill gladly be corrected.

Also when in a pub the pubs are meant to serve yeh your drink in the right pint glass.

Hmmm, ya learn something new everyday.

Some pubs give you heineken in a carling or carlsberg glass. Come thing about it, I like the new heineken glass, makes the pint look nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭Degag

Meh, sometimes i think that the widget yoke makes the pint flatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Erdinger, such a tall glass it makes it seem like there's more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

There is no option for Erdinger Weißbier. This makes later10 unhappy... this makes later10 refer to himself in the 3rd person, which makes him doubly unhappy.

No comments until Erdinger Weißbier... at the very least Paulaner... appears in the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I prefer the Heineken glass that was out before their current one. The new one is grand, better than most in fact, but the redesign was a bit unnecesary.

Anyone think the new one reminds them of a crossover between the Champions League cup and the Heineken Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Shifty11

New style heineken would be my favourite. Coors glasses are desperate. I absolutely hate getting a beer in the wrong glass, except coors, I always ask for a different glass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Ragdoll742

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I want one of those coffin shaped pint glasses.

As soon as I read the title of this thread, I came here with the sole intention of saying exactly that..!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Just looking at that list, for a country that is big on pubs, we sure have a crap selection of beers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

If drinking beer, a nice tall Paulaner glass will do the beer proud, along with the flavour :)

That being said, I'm siding with Fago on this one too...beer in a wine glass is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Sure i only drink the finest dutch gold from the can in the middle of a sportsground/park none of your fancy glass malarky for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

pint of heineken in a carlsberg glass, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I like the shape of the Heineken pint glass though it's generally a spirit i'll drink from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I get a real kick *theatrical wink* out of this type of glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I prefer a plain pint glass.like a harp glass,or well I cant remember what name would be on it.dont like the new bulmers glasses,something odd feeling about them with the curves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Definitely one of these, fits nicely into the hand and with the little finger under the glass supporting it you could fall asleep and it won't fall, I always ask for one if I see the serving wench going for a different one.
    I hate getting any other kind of glass, they just feel wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I like the pint glasses with the arm you get in the franciscan well in Cork all the others just seem all the same really.

Advertisement