Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favorite pint glass to drink from?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Definitely one of these, fits nicely into the hand and with the little finger under the glass supporting it you could fall asleep and it won't fall, I always ask for one if I see the serving wench going for a different one.
    I hate getting any other kind of glass, they just feel wrong.
    A plain old Tulip glass. I always ask for my pint in one of these.

Don't be fooled by people telling you that the glasses are all made to "get the best out of" any particular pint. It's marketing, plain and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

flag123 wrote: »
    Just for fun!

Mostly generic beers!

Sh*t topic, man.

"Hey guise - what's your favourite brand of black bags? I like Kileen, lol!!1"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I love the big ol' Hoegaarden glass, feels like a bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

erdinger

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I prefer a plain pint glass.like a harp glass,or well I cant remember what name would be on it.dont like the new bulmers glasses,something odd feeling about them with the curves.

The new bulmers glass is like a girl with plenty of tits and no ass. Very unsexy glass.

I prefer to drink from branded glasses, I have been told that they are specifically designed to make the beer hit your palate just right to get the best flavour, and I'll choose to believe that. So generally Murphys/Guinness glass. Unless I decide to go for Grolsch or some such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I loved the old thick knobbly glasses with the big handles. You don't see them in pubs anymore, although you can get them in € shops occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

The new bulmers glass is like a girl with plenty of tits and no ass. Very unsexy glass.

well there ya go, maybe i don't like the feeling of cupping boobs

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

The new Bulmers glass looks like a big wrinkly willy!!

tis my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

well there ya go, maybe i don't like the feeling of cupping boobs

Blasphemer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Blasphemer.

there may be hope for me yet:
    PTO wrote: »
    The new Bulmers glass looks like a big wrinkly willy!!

tis my favourite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

When poured right the erdinger glass is epic.

Looks like a giant phallus when tipsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Paulaner glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

Erdinger, cause its impressive :)... OH had one but it lost a battle with gravity. sad sad day it was. anyone any clues as to where i can get a set of them? pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

allanb49 wrote: »
    When poured right the erdinger glass is epic.

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Love the heineken glass!

Guinness glass is my favorite, I don't mind the new smithwicks glass either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Erdinger, cause its impressive :)... OH had one but it lost a battle with gravity. sad sad day it was. anyone any clues as to where i can get a set of them? pm me :)

I bought a pack of 5 x 500ml bottles of erdinger that came packaged with a glass the other day in an offy. Check it out! Was like 12 bucks or something

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

yupyup7up wrote: »
    I bought a pack of 5 x 500ml bottles of erdinger that came packaged with a glass the other day in an offy. Check it out! Was like 12 bucks or something

Ha! OH will be swimming in Erdinger this weekend so. now to decide what the number is for an optimum set of Erdinger glasses... 4 or 6... with one hidden away for insurance purposes. If i know gravity, it'll be eyeing up my new purchases within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Blue Moon glass. Classy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

The old Heineken glasses.

The new Smithwicks glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

My favourite would have to be the Guinness glass, although i do like the Heineken ones too. Have ye seen the new Guinness glass? Big change from the old one, but I liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Hoegaarden glasses are the dogs bollocks. I used to have one that I, ahem, liberated from a well known establishment in Galway, but its disappeared, kinda ironic :o

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

has to be this one.....reminds me of Emmerdale in the 80's

0156-0911-2406-3455_glass_beer_served_in_a_traditional_english_pint_glass.jpg[IMG][/img]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Has anyone said, "I like to drink from a full pint glass" yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Screw pint glasses. Steins are the way forward. A pint glass feel like a shot after a few days of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Caliden wrote: »
    Erdinger, such a tall glass it makes it seem like there's more.

Far too long in my opinion, and there's a huge propensity for spillage/falling should it receive the merest of glances. A sturdier generic pint glass can take a dink or two. Plus, those Erdinger glasses are quite effeminate. Just saying...:pac:

I was quite taken with those stout, bulbous Stella glasses a few years back, similar to the Aspall cider glasses they serve in Dunphy's in Dun Laoghaire.

Not sure if this link works, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=140560047749 but was given a Newton and Ridley glass a while back. Kitsch really, but it looks alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Has to be the Erdinger glass for me as well. Makes the beer taste great and gives me those crucial few extra inches when I'm slashing someone's face in a bar fight.

Advertisement