Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favorite pint glass to drink from?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I like to drink out of the glass designed for the beer I am drinking except occasionally in my local when they forget to put Coors Lite glasses in the cooler and I will then drink out of an ice cold Carling glass. Yumm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Definitely aHoegaarden glass.

I quite like the gold rimmed Stella glasses, but do not like the drink that goes into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

I like the new heineken glass, kind of looks cool.. the new Bulmers glass has a ridge in it for effortless holding too :pac:

But i just drink from the glass designed for the beer!

I never notice a difference but a man in my local drinks tennants but asks for it in a heineken glass..

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PTO

biko wrote: »

I hate these! I find the pint goes flat real quick in them! Probably all in the mind of course!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

I found with the old dumpy Heineken glass i would go through a pint far quicker than any other pint glass I think it was to do with the fact that 3/4 of your pint was gone by the time you reached halfway in height of the pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Brennaldo II

Bud Ice cold glass just taken out of a fridge

..but not a huge fan of budweiser myself, would probably prefer heineken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Duvel glass or the Leffe ones for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

My Fosters glass for when I'm at home. Otherwise any reasonable pint glass will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Actually, I'd love to try a half yard of ale, or even a full yard of ale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Erdinger glass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

An ice-cold Steiner of Warsteiner. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

The stamen shaped Erdinger glass. Lovely to hold and easy to drink from. Poor choice of options in the poll, considering most of those commercial lager glasses are all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

For Guinness, a Guinness glass is just fine. For pilseners, well on the continent they don't come in pints, and the stemmed glasses they have for them are much nicer for drinking pils.

Of course I live in the arseend of Leitrim, and would never order any of the lager available here, and as for Dublin if I could afford to drink there it would have to be pints, as a half costs so much more than half! But the last time I lived in Germany and went on a night out in bars, I had delicious Karlsberg Ur-Pils from long, conical glasses with stems, and that was super-delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I have the odd pint of bulmers, but my Dad knocked off 5 pint glasses down the years and my favourite to drink from (Alcohol or non-alcohol) is Guiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 idrinkbeer

Haven't had the pleasure of trying it yet but check out this one from Samuel Adams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

a full one

The "I actually don't care" glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Pint of Heineken in a Carlsberg glass

• Advertisement
Advertisement