Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Panels Question

• 16-08-2011 8:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

Please move if not in the right thread - thanx.

I've been watching some money shows in the UK and if homeowners get solar panels installed (about 10K) they are more or less guaranteed a return of 1,250 (stg) pa over a 25 year period - based on the electricity companies paying the homeowners for their electricity.

Is this done in Ireland does anybody know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

No it is not done here and will end in the UK very soon as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nope, ESB Networks etc currently do not have the facilities setup to pay end users for power they generate. They do have plans for it afaik but won't be happening anytime in the next few months I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Electrical

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,483 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

On the odd day that the sun shines in Ireland the ESB probably don't need the electricity! Those are the days that everyone sits out in the garden so electricity use goes through the floor.

Think about it, we get the most sunshine in July and August when the schools are closed, when lots of factories close for a fortnight's holiday and because very few Irish homes have air conditioning we use far less electricity in the summer than the winter. I can't see the ESB wanting any feed from domestic homes in the summer when the sun is shining.

Advertisement