Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to eat around 5.30

Options
  • 16-08-2011 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

We will be in Galway this weekend with our 2 year old and will most likely be windswept from the beach etc. Based on bedtime for him, we will probably eat early so has anyone any ideas of nice casual places with good menus, steaks, pastas, pizzas etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭chickencurry02

Robertos in salthill

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Robertos in salthill

aka Da Roberta's :P

But I agree, especially if you're in Salthill anyway.

Also in Salthill and good for grub are The Galleon, The Gourmet Tart Company and The Oslo (these are great for small kids from my experience with a toddler in tow).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, plenty of options there. Just walk along the promenade towards the Sea Point and up and you'll see plenty of places, most/all also caters for kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 CathalDill

Try Boogaloo Burger & Steakhouse in town just off shop st...really good burgers and steaks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Da Robertas is lovely, but for a kid the Galleon might be a better option. The food in there is pretty basic but I remember having great fun in there when I younger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kalinda

Hi, should have replied to this ages ago, thanks for all the suggestions, actually went to Roberto's and my parents joined us. It was very busy, a mix of people coming from work and families. The staff were excellent and very nice to our toddler. The pasta dishes were excellent, the carbonara was delicious. My husband and father went for 'dinners' eg. steak, potatoes, veg and they were very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Don't know why buy when I saw in the thread title 5.30. I instantly thought 5.30am.

To which the answer would be the 24 hour subway opposite the hospital. Saviour of many a night.

Sorry for the mini hijack.

Advertisement