Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conceiving after coming off pill?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭VictoriaC

Lazygal - Congratulations!!! Wow!! what a lovely "shock" you got!!

you have given me some hope with my long /irregular cycles too - basically be at it like rabbits! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 StarMom

Awww congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kina

Hi girls. I realise this is an old post but thought you all may be able to offer some advice.
    Came off the pill after 9 years, naively believing I would be pregnant within a month or two. I am in my late 20s and as a teenager, had multiple heavy periods a month. This levelled out to one heavy period a month, although I am not sure if I was regular like clockwork as I didn't really care at the time.
    So it's been about 3.5 months and no period. I have had menopause like symptoms from withdrawal which I wasn't expecting: sweating; acne; palpitations; anxiousness despite nothing to be anxious about; dizziness; no appetite; hair thinning; bloat; upset stomach; having to tweeze facial hair more often due to rapid growth. I went to the doctor and she said if my period hasn't come back by Christmas, she would then put me forward for further testing. She didn't want to chemically induce a period as my goal was to conceive so she wanted to wait as long as possibly to see if I could manage myself. She also said that typically women who come off the pill get a regular period quickly so I was abnormal and she wouldn't rule out PCOS. I don't think I have this as I haven't had any major weight gain.
    Any advice? I was on Yasmin.

Advertisement