Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays in Bitez

Options
  • 16-08-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,

Thinking of going for a week with my finance to Bitez and was wondering has anyone been there recently and have any advice, tips etc. We are going there around the end of September and are staying in the Mandarin Gardens.

Any advice would be much appreciated Guys!

P
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭hayzer

Went to Bitez, 2 years back....lovely place and nice strip full of comfy chairs, beanbags, hammocks etc...

Quiet place though, not really for clubbing, but Gumbet is 5 minutes away in a taxi and more livelier there.

We also went on a ferry trip (1 hour) to Kos in Greece which was really nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mstorres

I go to Bitez every year with my friends, it's beautiful. Just enjoy the relaxed atmosphere there, it is a quiet area. All the action is along a strip on the beach front, with lots of restaurants and a few bars.
    If ye are planning to stay in Bitez for drinks at night I would recommend temple bar in the manuela hotel and restaurant. the staff are brill and the atmosphere is great. you can also sit on the beach and have your drinks there.
    If ye are looking for something more lively, as the previous poster said Gumbet is only around the corner by taxi or dolmus. Aim for bar street there, it's full of clubs and bars (hence the name) if that's your scene. we normally spend a lot of time there as my friends and I are in our early 20's, but it's great for all ages, if you like bars and and clubs.
    We always stay in the mandarin gardens too. The accommodation itself is basic, but always spotlessly clean, and the staff are lovely. Just walk down the hill and you're on the beach.
    Have a great time in Bitez and I hope you love ot as much as I do!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pedro69

Ah thats great thanks for the info

Your a legend,

Thanks for the info. Great advice and its just good to hear that its a good place to good. Thanks for your help, will book it today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lobes90

Hey, going to gumbet in 2 wks with my girlfriend, posted a thread last week but no1 commented. Just wondering on prices, food drinks and markets if ye have any info that'd be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 mstorres

The food is normally cheaper than at home, it may look more expensive at first but that's because the price will be in turkish lira. I think last year when two of us were eating in a restaurant it would near really cost over 30 euro, a main meal is rarely over 10 euro, in my experience anyway, but we normally eat in Bitez anyway. I definitely reccomend the Annalivia restaurant in Gumbet though. It's run by an irish lady and the food is always one of the best meals we have, and not more expensie than the other places either. It can get quite busy though, so unless you're early enough you might have to wait a few mins, but it's worth it.

Drink I find is usually the same price as I normally drink vodka away. A vodka and coke is about 5 euro (depending on where you go, there's normally bars doing offers on drinks), but in saying that the measures are huge in comparison to here, and actually that's something to be careful of. their own beer is called Effes, that will be cheaper than the imported stuff and is better as well! Most of the bars are on a place called bar street, just follow the loud music and you'll get there!

The market is on in bodrum (on a tuesday I think, but you'd have to double check), we normally go every year, but didn't last year because to be honest you can get the same stuff at the same price in the shops in Gumbet (just don't forget to haggle!). Plus walking around the market in the sweltering heat was not very pleasant, but look if it's your first time, you might as well go see it for the experience.

I'm actually going saturday week myself, so our paths might cross!:D
    I hope you enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lobes90

Nice1 for the write-up mstorres, very informitive. Enjoy ur holiday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmcspud

just back from 2 weeks in Bitez with the wife and two children... absolutely loved it!! most relaxing holiday ever. I stayed in the mandarin gardens.... there is an older part and a newer part so make sure you stay in the newer part... very important as the older part isn't great at all. my wife an i had to sleep in separate single beds with one of the kids in with us. the newer (done up) apts are far nicer. the Manuela temple bar alright is in a great location and seriously helpful lovely staff.. we drank and ate there nearly every night and got great deals. enjoy!!!:)

Jes guys,

Fair play for all the info - Really looking forwrd to the trip and your advice and tips are excellent.

Thanks again

Advertisement