Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

donating books, cds etc

Options
  • 16-08-2011 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

i'm wondering where i could donate books and cds in north county dublin..? i can't bear to throw stuff like this out and i have tried selling them with no luck. do libraries take books? any help would be appreciated. don't really want to go into town, so somewhere like swords or balbriggan would be handy

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Chinafoot said in the Fingal Co Co thread that libraries do accept donations. Can't link it because the posts have been deleted but Chinafoot, the resident boards librarian, should be able to confirm.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The libraries do accept donations, depending on condition and what they are of course.

Swords is currently not taking donations as there are some refurbishments happening over the next few weeks, but Balbriggan should be.

Your best bet is to ring the library you plan to bring them to and tell them what it is you have. The number for Balbriggan is 8704401.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could also drop cathy01 a PM as they may be OK for the charity shops she is involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

thanks all.
    they are mostly IT related books, but all are in very good condition.

Advertisement