Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC -Fax Machine - Alarm Dialler

• 16-08-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Have UPC broadband and TV atm.
    I have a digi-dialler on my home alarm which dials out using my eircom landline to a pager if the alarm goes off. It's a few years old. Will this still work on UPCs phone 'line' if I get their complete package??
    Also can anyone confirm that a fax machine will work with a UPC phone line

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

The fax machine will work..the alarm will not.

Upc phones do not support alarms - you would have to setup a gsm dialler or the likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭altor

jpfahy wrote: »
    Have UPC broadband and TV atm.
    I have a digi-dialler on my home alarm which dials out using my eircom landline to a pager if the alarm goes off. It's a few years old. Will this still work on UPCs phone 'line' if I get their complete package??
    Also can anyone confirm that a fax machine will work with a UPC phone line

UPC will work with a voice message, not text from your alarm to your phone or to a monitoring station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Get a small ups power supply to plug your UPC router into. Otherwise, if the power is off, you have no dial tone!

Advertisement