Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original Black Sabbath Line-up reunion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Holy Mother of Divine Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Would Bill Ward be able to handle it? I heard his health wasn't good. I'd nearly prefer someone else in place of Ozzy at this stage, but there isn't anyone with RJD gone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Worth a listen..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

How much money did Tony, Geezer and Bill have to pay $haron?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

MetalDog wrote: »
    Would Bill Ward be able to handle it? I heard his health wasn't good. I'd nearly prefer someone else in place of Ozzy at this stage, but there isn't anyone with RJD gone.

Ozzy is well past it at this stage, his voice is shot to hell. They should get a sound-a-like rather like Yes have done with Benoit David. Someone like Steve Hennessy of sHEAVY would be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Right. I better put money away for an irish date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I don't care if Ozzy's voice is shot. I don't care if people think they are too past it at this stage. I want to see this band and I will travel if I have to.

*Really hopes this isn't just another wild internet rumor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I don't care if Ozzy's voice is shot. I don't care if people think they are too past it at this stage. I want to see this band and I will travel if I have to.

If you like paying loads to hear ozzy croak his way through a set and fire buckets of water into the crowd fair enough :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Looks like it might have been to good to be true.

Update on the original story on blabbermouth:
    **UPDATE**: According to Classic Rock magazine, Tony Iommi's management has strongly denied the authenticity of this story, claiming that the guitarist hasn't spoken to Birmingham Mail for two months. ***

Orignal link here.

I really hope that they are getting back together and yes I would go to see Ozzy "croak" his way through a set and also go to see Iommi and Greezer jam out some riffs o' doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I really hope this doesn't happen, The Ozzy i loved died a long time ago, he's now, IMO , just a money making puppet for $harron, the guy is so far off his tits he doesn't even know what country he's in half the time.
    He's unable to do 2 consecutive nights (sometimes 3) as it takes him over a day to recover from a show.
    IMHO he should have retired 10 years ago and left us with the memories of what a great showman he was, not an old fool selling butter on commercials.

$harron sure has a lot to answer for, yeah i know many will say that she saved him all them years ago but now she's getting her payment for that.

I seen the original line up 3 times, the first 2 Birmingham reunion shows in 97 (Even got me ugly mug in the pic sleeve as front row ;-) ), the b'ham gig a couple of years later, also seen them at Ozzfest in Milton Keynes but that was minus Bill.

IF this does come off i can see it blowing up after a few months when $harron starts getting more involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think I will have to go out of my way to see them this time, missed their last few reunions, and this will probably be the last due to age, health and other concerns. Yeah, really excited about this, let's see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Ozzy probably won't sound to bad on the album, but live it will be a disaster.

The great thing about Dio was his voice never deteriorated, The Devil You Know was a class album & live videos i've seen from subsequent touring sounded brilliant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Please no, just let Sabbath rest.

They were truly a fantastic band for decades, an inspiration to the entire industry, but it's honestly time to let it go and bow out with grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Please no, just let Sabbath rest.

They were truly a fantastic band for decades, an inspiration to the entire industry, but it's honestly time to let it go and bow out with grace.
    Reunion is not going to happen...
    http://www.iommi.com/index.php?story=130

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Saw them in Milton Keynes in 1998.

They were brilliant....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭dunleakelleher

The Original Black Sabbath have reformed and are rehearsing for a forthcoming tour and album. :O
    http://www.metaltalk.net/news/2010882.php

it will never happen. mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

RIck Rubin: "i want you to pick the 13 best black sabbath songs, and write new riffs over them"
    Black Sabbath: "ok"
    RIck Rubkin "that will be 2 million dollars"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

it will never happen. mark my words.

If you were not so adamant in it never happening I'd have forgiven you when it didn't really appear plausible

I heard the new sabbath and production doesn't sound vintage which stunted my listening beyond that, besides there's a better Carnivore track of the same name. But if it keeps them ticking over...

Advertisement