Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Dish/box??

Options
  • 16-08-2011 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Really want to watch channel 5 and big brother starting soon :)

Can anyone advise me what satellite system I would need to view channel 5. I am with UPC and changing to sky isn't really an option.

Want to spend as little as possible on this as really only want to it for big brother (I know I'm sad! :D:D)

If anyone could advise I would really appreciate it as I haven't a clue about these things!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

You could pick up a cheap FTA kit.. Will involve installing a dish and running a cable to a set top box..
    Cheapest i have seen are the Ross ones in B&Q.. 59 for SD or 79 for HD..

Seems a lot of effort!!

Channel 5 have an on demand service on their website.. Maybe find a proxy and watch it through that??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

get the free sat box either grundig or bush, no bother setting them up, also they are hd boxes so all the bbcs and itvs etc for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭fabsoul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Or you could download the torrent for it each night

Advertisement