Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savage's (Main Street) in Swords closing down after 150 years.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

dylbert wrote: »
    Sad day alright, don't know how true it is but I heard a Burger King is going in that end of the street :(

I've been hearing that rumour for years now. It would make sense, we're fast having every other fastfood chain in the town but I imagine they'd wait for the next phase of the Pavillions whenever that might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

I've been hearing that rumour for years now.

Thats true, I remember haering that Burger King was to replace the musies/snooker hall where Mastersons is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

Know all moderaters for **** sake if you dont know.. dont preach. londis store... owner joe savage.. his father was j c...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

john t wrote: »
    Know all moderaters for **** sake if you dont know.. dont preach. londis store... owner joe savage.. his father was j c...
    Only The Hill Billy and I are moderators of this forum, and neither of us have contributed to this discussion

Any other posters who happen to be moderators elsewhere on boards are posting as ordinary members of the site in this forum

If you have a particular problem with anyone's post, you can always report it and allow the forum mods to deal with it. If you want to correct something someone else has posted, do it in a civil manner. Don't attack any other posters like that or you will find yourself infracted and/or banned

Thanks

Beasty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Bad economic news sucks, but it's always worth sticking your head into the NCD forum, good to hear some history, though I'm ignorant about a lot of it despite it being clearly available. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

john t wrote: »

I'm guessing this was directed at me.

Just to clear up - I never stated who was the owner the shop now. All I said was JC's father was Joe Savage, which is true. And probably why he named his son Joseph.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm guessing this was directed at me.

Just to clear up - I never stated who was the owner the shop now. All I said was JC's father was Joe Savage, which is true. And probably why he named his son Joseph.

Who in turn has a son Joe !

Its a sad day indeed to see Savage go , I remember when it was "VG" (never knew what that stood for) .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

[QUOTE=sharkman;73889761
    I remember when it was "VG" (never knew what that stood for) .[/QUOTE]

Eh Very Good;) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

sharkman wrote: »
    I remember when it was "VG" (never knew what that stood for) .

Do you really want to know?

VG is Voluntary Group.

It was first incarnation of Centra/SuperValu from Musgraves.

Advertisement