Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we price the house as low as possible?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Good old irishhousehunter.com tells us an interesting tale

http://www.irishhousehunter.com/search/search.php?searchterm=hawthorn+hill&period=9999

Number 18 has been for sale for 123 weeks two and a half years :eek: and has had 8 price drops from a starting price of £195k in Sept 09 to a curretn price of £120k The last price reduction was on the 06/08/11
    The OPs house is only on the market for about 6 weeks but my reading is that there is little or no market, UNLESS the price drops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Claire NI

discostu1 wrote: »
    The OPs house is only on the market for about 6 weeks but my reading is that there is little or no market, UNLESS the price drops

Does it reset on websites if you change agent? I noticed looking at our ad on rightmove it says its been on the market since april, it went on the market last november but took it off to change agents and since then its like it was never for sale at all before april.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

shanered wrote: »
    That agent didn'y show your property because the 1% of 145k is tastier then 1% of 110k, not acting in your best interest.

For €350? (1% of €35,000). Do agents then split the fees with their agency so agent is not showing property because of wanting to make an extra €175?!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

Does it reset on websites if you change agent? I noticed looking at our ad on rightmove it says its been on the market since april, it went on the market last november but took it off to change agents and since then its like it was never for sale at all before april.

I think it may as if it comes off the likes of Daft or Myhome it may re set the important thing is that the lenght of time houses up there are taking to sell which indicates that prices are too high, what is the rental per month for such a house that might give you the potential price an investor might pay but that assumes there is a rental market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

That's a nice wee house OP. I'd advise to find a new agent, seems to me if he couldn't persuade the other buyers to at least look at your place then he was not doing his job.

It might still be realistically priced at €115-120k, how many other houses on the road are for sale at the moment? If it is lots then a price cut may be in order, if not maybe holding tight or putting 'Reasonable Offers Welcome' on any advertising may help encourage those who are restricted to the size of the mortgage their bank will allow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Location... where is it? the ad says "Hawthorn Hill, Kinallen, Co. Down", but the postcode says "Dromore, Co. Down".

Also, some places of that post code say "Hawthorn Hill, Kinallen, Dromara", whilst others say "Hawthorn Hill, Dromore".

The Dromara and Dromore are two completely different towns, so including one or not including one may have effected your chances, if it's anything like the way that some houses in Finglas in Dublin are counted as Castleknock so they get sold at a higher price?

=-=

Oh, and I'd get rid of the green colour in the toilet. Paint it something neutral; you don't want something small putting off someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

BailMeOut wrote: »
    For €350? (1% of €35,000). Do agents then split the fees with their agency so agent is not showing property because of wanting to make an extra €175?!

Maybe they aren't doing the math....
    Still stands by the sound of it, they are not acting in the best interest of the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭tanyabond

BailMeOut wrote: »

The OP talked the % down from 2 to 1. Maybe the 145k house paid them 2%? I find it very very unbelievable that potential buyers looked at 145k house and couldn't be bother spending an extra minute to pop in to cheaper same house on the same street, nah...
    So the estate agent told them about the 145k house ONLY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Claire NI

Sorry for not coming back here sooner to reply, been busy, took the advice on board and the bathroom is now white. :) Estate agent has been taking new pictures, so hopefully we might get somewhere now, thanks again all..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement