Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi office in L&N carpark-Good service

Options
  • 16-08-2011 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just a quick one.

Does anybody ever use the taxi office in the L&N carpark?
    I always walk stumble up there after a night out and find them fantastic.
    Taxi is always there in no time and there fairly cheap too. We were driving out last weekend and the driver asked me would I mind if we picked up a fella with a dissability that he thought might be looking for a spin home (turns out that the guy was sorted for a lift but it goes to show they are nice people)

Granted the que can be a bit hairy in there the odd time but I find them good.
    anyone else have any experiences with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You're showing your age, there hasn't been an L&N there for yonks:D
    But I agree, I use A1 cabs in Lismard House as my #1 choice under similar situations and always had a good opinion. Vehicles can be a bit dilapidated but I find them prompt and you can have a bit of crack with the drivers. Strangely I tend to use Carlow Cabs to get into town and A1 to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭doughef

Ah its always gonna be the L&N car park :D

I was down the far end of the town and stopped a taxi. Fella with a Dublin accent wanted to charge me twice as much as our friends in A1 (if thats what its called) charged me...

Nice people but I take your point on the cars being a bit shook.. but im normally a bit shook getting into them meself !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

A1 are defo the best option - even on the busiest of nights, you'd never be waiting in their office for as long as you would in a certain other office in the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

I find tipp's taxi the best in town.I live a good bit out of town and the rest of them try to rob you the prices they charge, you can always do a deal with tipp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I don't get this "You wouldn't be left waiting" craic.

That's nothing to do with service, it's to do with the fact they're nowhere near as busy as the others.

• Advertisement

SV wrote: »
    I don't get this "You wouldn't be left waiting" craic.

That's nothing to do with service, it's to do with the fact they're nowhere near as busy as the others.

whats not to get??

your not left ages in a que, and the service is good.. surely if there not as busy and are more reasonable than the others its a good thing for the customer??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

doughef wrote: »
    whats not to get??

your not left ages in a que, and the service is good.. surely if there not as busy and are more reasonable than the others its a good thing for the customer??

because it's being said to make out that it's a much superior taxi service.
    No..it's just not as busy.

and reasonable? in what way exactly? That doesn't refer to waiting time of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I know several people who use them a few times daytime and said they would use them after the pub but they stopped because they were always left waiting up to an hour or the taxi didn't show up at all!

SV wrote: »
    because it's being said to make out that it's a much superior taxi service.
    No..it's just not as busy.

and reasonable? in what way exactly? That doesn't refer to waiting time of course.

em... ok, I was just saying I had a number of good experiences with them, but....if its not as busy and you get your taxi quicker.. is that not good service????

and as for reasonable, I mean cheaper than most....

but anyway..my experience, obviously not the same as everyones :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

doughef wrote: »
    em... ok, I was just saying I had a number of good experiences with them, but....if its not as busy and you get your taxi quicker.. is that not good service????

Fair comment IMHO.

[QUOTEdoughef;73875162] and as for reasonable, I mean cheaper than most....[/QUOTE]

If they're all abiding by the rules, ie meter on, then the charge should be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

Fishtits wrote: »
    If they're all abiding by the rules, ie meter on, then the charge should be the same.

I get tipp's taxi anytime i'm in carlow i live a good bit out of the town and other taxi's have cost me anything between €10 and €15 more to come home the same distance :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Fishtits wrote: »

You can agree a price with a Taxi for a trip before you start the trip that can be lower than the meter price and I also believe that the hackney service (which I believe is what is offered by A1) can also set their own price regardless of the meter when agreeing on a fare for a trip.

I am open to correction on this but I believe this is the current situation in regards the Taxi fare regulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Anyone got any idea what the cab companies would usually charge for a trip to Stradbally? Staying in Carlow as too old for camping at the Electric Picnic, going to be driving in mostly but if price was okay might get a cab on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Anyone got any idea what the cab companies would usually charge for a trip to Stradbally? Staying in Carlow as too old for camping at the Electric Picnic, going to be driving in mostly but if price was okay might get a cab on the Saturday.

You'd be looking at least €50 each way.

Advertisement