Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing a cheque

Options
  • 16-08-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

A cheque was issued to me in the post. The cheques was from Welfare as i was due a refund so I imagine it would have been made out in my name. It's been a month and I am yet to receive the cheque.

My question is, if this cheque was somehow interecepted in the post would it be possible for someone other than me to cash it? And if it has been cashed without my permission would I be entitled to have another cheque issued to me or would it just be tough luck on me and i'd be out of pocket.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭MBateson

Yes, it's possible for someone to endorse the back with a fake signature and get it cashed in a shop etc. although most shops only do it for those they know or don't do it anymore.

Contact Welfare and have them reissue it, they'll check if it's cleared or not and take it from there. Obviously, they'll want to rule out that you've cashed it and are trying for more.

Advertisement