Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Canal Theatre

Options
  • 16-08-2011 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into going to the Lord of the Rings showing in the Grand Canal THeatre. HAs anyone been there before?
    Can they tell me if there is much difference/an advantage between the circle and the stalls tickets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I've never been in the circle but I have been in the stalls and the upper circle. The upper circle was OK at best. The venue was brand new then and I don't think the sound felt 100% on the night from that vantage point. I went to a second gig recently and had 5th row seats. These were obviously much better. The sound was very good and the leg room was amazing, especially compared to the Olympia. I was very grateful not having to walk out of there with knee pain for the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

I've been to The Grand Canal Theatre a few times and I love the place. My favourite seats are between the middle and the back of the stalls. They are on steps so you have a better view of the stage. The seats from the front to the middle are excellent but if you happen to be small and a tall person sits in front of you, you may have problems! Those seats are not on steps but on a gradual slope.

Advertisement