Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Steak in Galway

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Doesn't happen, ever.

Worked as a chef for 5-6 years, never once seen anything like that, it's a myth, especially at the level or restaurant Kai is.

Might happen in ****ty greasey spoons or pubs but in a proper kitchen? Never, they are insanely clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Far too nice a piece of meat to send back, a waste too. If it wasn't as good as it was, I'd have sent it back for sure, but the steak was savage.

They use some lovely meat alright, I'd have been too impatient to wait as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

Seaneh wrote: »
    Doesn't happen, ever.

Worked as a chef for 5-6 years, never once seen anything like that, it's a myth, especially at the level or restaurant Kai is.

Might happen in ****ty greasey spoons or pubs but in a proper kitchen? Never, they are insanely clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Got an excellent steak in Rouge. I like my steak well done and my girlfriend likes her steak rare and we were both delighted with ours.

Can reccomend them and they don't break the bank either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

SeanPuddin wrote: »
    I tried the steak in dillisk butter in Kai last night. I asked for rare but got medium/well done, but it was still meat fit for a king. Would have been perfect if it was rare, but I was well looked after when the bill came. Kai is class.

Where about in galway is the kai place please, sounds very nice.:) is it far from the bus station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Where about in galway is the kai place please, sounds very nice.:) is it far from the bus station?

http://goo.gl/maps/2QyA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Kai is awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Seaneh wrote: »
    I am actually going to change my vote from Kai to Massimo.

Just because of the price difference and it's about the same quality, they use the same supplier for beef as far as I know and the lads from Cava aren't too shabby when it comes to frying beef.

Great value, especially on thursdays, €15 for a steak and a pint.

Menu say's 10oz but the last one I was was probably over 12oz. maybe tipping 13, it was insanely big. Use the pint glass to judge the scale!

351guop.jpg

+1 on this. Had it last night. Best steak I've ever had. so tasty!

Could have done with a few more chips though

sealgaire wrote: »

Yeah, it's not a lot of schupds if I am honest.

I didn't even bother using the sauce on the chips, even though it's a lovely sauce the meat was just so good it didn't need it!

Ended up just dipping the chips in the sauce, which was yum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Best steak I ever had was in Florence, but in Galway....hmmm

I tried the Cajun fillet steak in McSwiggans recently and it was sublime. Have had super ones in Kai, Oscars (my favourite place in Galway without a shadow of a doubt) and the White Gables in Moycullen also. I don't usually order steak though regularly enough to know where the best one is consistently. Some suppliers will be better than others and some batches will be superior to others I suppose.

On the way to have them cooked, only in the last year I have moved to having my steaks rare. I think a properly cooked rare steak tastes much, much better. Can't go back to medium or higher now!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Best steak I ever had was in Florence!

+1 for Florance had a bistecca alla fiorentina in a place called ZáZá about 7 years ago and still haven't had a better steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

sealgaire wrote: »

Actuallly, i went back a 2nd time and found it all very bland......... so now i dunno if the first was a fluke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone tried An Púcán for steak?

Good deal on today - Two 8oz steak dinners with wine/beer for €20
    Referral link: https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/605782?ref=conf-jp&rpi=104119250

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

The Galleon in Salthill, Scotty's and McSwiggans do nice steaks.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Sorry to bring back Zombie threads but I'm craving a good shteak now - any ideas where to go? McSwiggans still good call?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

wprathead wrote: »
    Sorry to bring back Zombie threads but I'm craving a good shteak now - any ideas where to go? McSwiggans still good call?

No

and IBTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I've never had a bad thign to say about The Dail - For 16 euro you get steak, chips, onion rings and a pint (used to be chicken wings instead of onion rings)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I've never had a bad thign to say about The Dail - For 16 euro you get steak, chips, onion rings and a pint (used to be chicken wings instead of onion rings)

The chips and wings smelt of fish the last time I had it. It was much better value with the wings. Staff are sound .

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please start a fresh thread.

Oh, and Kai ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement