Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy a free Electric Picnic ticket?

Options
  • 16-08-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

So I've had a bit of a sneaky idea, hear me out. There's a competition running on Tripod Banquet's facebook page and basically there will be two tickets awarded to whoever posts the comment with the greatest number of likes by tomorrow. Thus far I'm around 150 likes away from the top so I've hatched somewhat of a hair-brained scheme.

I've decided to put it to the people of boards to help get me to the top spot and then award the other 3-day camping ticket to one person who posts on this thread, I think it sounds reasonably fair! The link is below, all you have to do is 'like' the page and then also 'like' my comment which will appear after that. Name's Luke Reilly, comment should be 'The Beatles, Blur and The Stone Roses'. Let's see what the power of boards can do!

The winner of the additional ticket will be completely random!

https://www.facebook.com/banquetdublin/posts/256559021030277?notif_t=like

(Mods, not sure if this thread is inappropriate but I decided to give it a shot, let's see if crowdsourcing can bag some of our members free Electric Picnic tickets!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭wba88

Done. Note like Banquet Page first https://www.facebook.com/banquetdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

great idea! Done!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

whereas on the onehand its a good idea, free stuff always is, on the other, how do you choose someone at random in a fair way thats verifiable is all.

Anyway ill like it myself for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Weepsie wrote: »
    whereas on the onehand its a good idea, free stuff always is, on the other, how do you choose someone at random in a fair way thats verifiable is all.

Anyway ill like it myself for you.

Thanks! I'm not quite sure on that actually, anyone have any suggestions? I guess one way I could do it is have one hat with a slip of paper representing each thread page and then another with 40 slips representing each post per page. So if I draw '6' from the first hat and '29' from the next that means that the winner would be the 29th poster on the 6th page of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Done, best of luck by the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

*Like*
    Best of luck buddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Done! I've already entered that as well, but you have more chance than I do so I might as well like your comment! Us Boardsie's gotta stick together.....

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

Done. Sweet idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Done! Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Done.

If you want a way to pick a random post then you could use the random number generator at www.random.org, it's how a lot of other competitions on boards choose a random post.

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Done.

If you want a way to pick a random post then you could use the random number generator at www.random.org, it's how a lot of other competitions on boards choose a random post.

Nice, Aldebaran. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

done! great idea, hope you get lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

done..why the hell didn't i think of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭K3v

Done! Not a bad idea & best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

done and done :) good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

done. good luck you cheeky fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Done. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

Done, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

done, smart idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

Done! Hope you get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Nua

Done - well impressed with your enterprising sneakiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

you're more than 150 likes away, the leaders are on 450 approx

Yeah, she'd had another surge, don't know where she's getting the likes from. Maybe she posted on After Hours! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭bren2001

Boom! wheres my free ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

done

Easiest way of doin this would be to limit the number of people in line for the free ticket to 49 then whatever number the lotto bonus ball is on day after the draw, that number post gets the ticket, no way of fixing that ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Done! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Done! Hope you win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

good luck ....obviously the spare ticket has someone else name on it but good luck nonetheless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Weepsie wrote: »
    how do you choose someone at random in a fair way thats verifiable is all.

http://www.random.org/

Liked it. :)

Advertisement