Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD ACCESS COURSE 2011

Options
  • 16-08-2011 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone on here is studying the Access programme at UCD this year? I've just sent off my application and am waiting for a reply.

I've spent the last - goodness knows how long - trying to work out which degree course I would like to do, and have decided I would like to train as a Social Worker. For this reason I have applied for the Arts and Human Sciences course. Hopefully this will provide a good foundation for the Social Sciences degree!

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' to anyone out there. Ooh, and also...I notice there seems to be no sort of financial support for students of this,which is a shame! I don't suppose anyone out there has information to ther contrary..?

x:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

Hey,
    I completed the Arts & Human Sciences course in May, and would say that for anyone who's been out of any kind of structured education for a long period of time, it's invaluable. I presume you're aware that you are guaranteed a place in DN500 if you achieve an overall grade of 60% or over? Also that your subject choices will affect which centre you'll be studying at? For example, I really wanted to take English and History, but ended up taking Sociology for the second term because the two subjects clashed. UCD day/night, IFC and Mount Merrion all cover different subjects.
    It will give you another few months to figure out what subject choices will be best for you, and by the time next September comes around, you'll be more than comfortable with the campus and library. On the subject of fees, I know that this time last year FAS would cover up to €1000 for education. Given that they're now probably rooting around the back of the sofa for milk money, this probably is no longer the case, but it wouldn't hurt to talk to them. Unfortunately I blew €800 on a 2 day waste-of-time course so I had to pay for the access course myself.
    If there's anything else I can help you with let me know, and the best of luck.

Advertisement