Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When's the latest I can defer for a year?

Options
  • 16-08-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Doubt I'll actually do this but hypothetically speaking, if I wanted to repeat the LC this year and defer my course (going into 2nd yr) in the mean time, would it be too late to defer the course now?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Jigglypuff wrote: »
    Doubt I'll actually do this but hypothetically speaking, if I wanted to repeat the LC this year and defer my course (going into 2nd yr) in the mean time, would it be too late to defer the course now?
    Thanks.

Have you completed stage 1 of your course? If you already accepted a place via CAO and completed a stage then you may withdraw from the course.

You need to contact the programme office.

This is an old form "notice to withdraw" from the law programme office.

http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/Programme%20Withdrawal%20Form.pdf

You may get a similar one from your programme office.

The sooner the better because if you repeat the leaving and then reapply via CAO you will only be liable for 1st year fees again should you go onto a new course.

I am not too sure what the deadline is in semester I for registration but for semester II you have to confirm attendance by 31 January to avoid full fees should you reapply to a new course etc.

Advertisement