Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Known Abandoned Place/Buildings in Cork County

Options
  • 16-08-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

I was just hoping to rely on local knowledge here from any of you living in Cork City or just the county in general. Do you know any places that have been long since abandoned anywhere? My girlfriend is a photographer and she wants to do a photography project on derelict buildings in the county.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Jon_459

Elysium Tower .. next to City Hall!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Biscuits.

You going to squat there really though? Be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

I've been doing a similar thing for the past year. She might have a look at:

http://www.abandonedireland.com/

Places that I've been that have impressed me are Colaiste Iosagáin in Ballyvourney (they keep blocking up the dodgy access sites to the building, but if you're creative you'll find a way in), and St. Kevin's Asylum near Sunday's Well, Good Shepard convent in Sunday's Well. Same thing applies as to access. There's always a way!

Advertisement