Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Pitbull vs Leopard

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    That orangutan wasn't even trying. Great apes are around 10 times stronger than humans

Yea its amazing. Theres a huge underestimation of the strenght of the great apes. Mike tyson famously offered a zookeeper ten thousand to knock out a male silverback gorilla ie on of these things:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Leopard all the way, against any breed of dog!
    Boerboels were bred to defend against animals larger than leopards. My boerboel would have that leopard for breakfast.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Boerboels were bred to defend against animals larger than leopards. My boerboel would have that leopard for breakfast.

Their actually sometimes used illegally by poachers to try and attack gorillas they always die unfortunatly but they put up a good fight by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

AgileMyth wrote: »

No you're wrong. The question is posed in a gladatorial type area, the bigger, stronger animal always wins.

Dogs, whether you're talking about the biggest or most ferocious like boerboels strengths rely in their ability to operate in a team and hunt in packs. A dog like a boerboel would be no match for a big cat in a one on one scenario. The teeth and jaws of domestic dogs, regardless of whether they are pit bulls or mastiffs, cannot compete with that of the big cats.

I would imagine the ranchers that used Boerboels relied on it's ability to deter and scare off bigger predators looking to pred on cattle /sheep. I would say it was rare the Boerboels actually fought with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

No you're wrong. The question is posed in a gladatorial type area, the bigger, stronger animal always wins.

Dogs, whether you're talking about the biggest or most ferocious like boerboels strengths rely in their ability to operate in a team and hunt in packs. A dog like a boerboel would be no match for a big cat in a one on one scenario. The teeth and jaws of domestic dogs, regardless of whether they are pit bulls or mastiffs, cannot compete with that of the big cats.

I would imagine the ranchers that used Boerboels relied on it's ability to deter and scare off bigger predators looking to pred on cattle /sheep. I would say it was rare the Boerboels actually fought with them.

People also need to consider that a big cat would rarely venture near a human settlement unless it was pretty much starving. This means it is either too old to hunt effectively or injured, so even if a fight did occur it would hardly be in it's prime.

+1

Advertisement