Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Tempest in August? Please Vote!

Options
  • 16-08-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Alas the venue we usually use for Tempests is solidly booked on every Friday and Saturday from the start of August till mid September.
    Please vote above whether or not I'll attempt to book a Sunday or skip this month entirely.
    Take note that many people are unable to make Sunday tournaments because of Sunday buses, parking and everyone (including myself) generally being lazy on Sundays. :pac:

Sorry for the late notice. I've been trying to squeeze my way into a Saturday anyways, but the other patrons weren't budging :pac:

I'll leave the poll open till Sunday, at which point I'll call the venue or call it off.

If there's less than 7 people able to make it on a Sunday, that won't meet the cost of the venue and I'll cancel it anyway.

Should we hold a Tempest on Sunday the 28th or skip this month? 5 votes

Sunday
    0% 0 votes
    Skip
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I won't be in Ireland anyway so it won't make a difference to me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I voted to skip. I'm by no means a guarantee but I would like to come down for the next one and there is no way I'm making a Sunday. Looks like I'm in the majority anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ar, as the poll indicates, I voted to skip it too. I don't recall a good Sunday tournament ever being held XD

...not to jinx the upcoming Sunday Inferno or anything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

First Gaelcon was quite good. Just had the bad luck of being the same weekend as LANparty but I enjoyed it.

There was two new players at both LANparty and Gaelcon that weekend, both had TEs and neither was ever seen again afaik. I wonder what happened to them.

Also, I know you said before that it was unlikely you were going to get that new venue. Any more word on that or is it the newport for the foreseeable future?

Newport for the forseeable. The guys in the other venue said they weren't interested in catering to computer tournaments and instead wanted to focus on artistic projects. :(

Guy clearly hadn't seen my cl.mk counter hit combos. Van Gogh would break down crying from their beauty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Sairus, excuses, excuses

Meh...I probably won't be in the country anyway.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

awwww to bad I was going to this, oh well :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Sairus wrote: »
    Ar, as the poll indicates, I voted to skip it too. I don't recall a good Sunday tournament ever being held XD

...not to jinx the upcoming Sunday Inferno or anything :pac:

why is the saturday out

Market Research group booked out the Newport on Friday and Saturday mornings for 8 weeks in a row. Earliest I can get a Saturday in the place is the 24th of next month.

Renting it in the evening isn't really an option because the price doubles from €75 to €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

If that many regulars can't attend Sunday we may as well give it a skip. We can all just head over to the glacial league as a replacement (if it's gonna be on anytime in August).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

well if you cant rent the place ill be happy to host the tournament at my place, but that's just me, it up to you guys if you still want the tempest to happen this month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'd go to it at your house. I've a very free schedule for the next few days.

I've also since discovered that it's my sister's 21st on the 27th in Galway, so I shan't be going to any event this month regardless.
    I'd be totally down with someone else running things in my absence though if yee still want to go ahead with an event! I'm sure some of you know the ropes well enough at this stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

well i am up for this so if we can rally up some more troops then this shall happen.

just to point out this is my last month in Ireland because half ways in sept ill be moving back to England and i want to do something to remember before i go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Shokashi wrote: »
    well i am up for this so if we can rally up some more troops then this shall happen.

just to point out this is my last month in Ireland because half ways in sept ill be moving back to England and i want to do something to remember before i go

:( You will be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

I would be up for this Tempest at Shokashi's along with Billed Platypus so if we can get a few more it would be good. Im abit out of practice been away for 3 weeks so ill have to get Training.

Advertisement