Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 3gs trade in for Samsung Galaxy S2 or iphone 4

Options
  • 16-08-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

HI Guys,

I have had my 3gs for the last two years and have loved it but got kinda bored and frustrated wit apples software so I jailbroke to get more customisable features, Dya think it is worth trading in fro the Samsung Galaxy S2, Phone looks amazing but am a bit sketchy on going to android from ios because it so user friendly.

Should I wait for iphone 5 or will it still not compare to the s2 and has anyone had any user experience going from ios to android?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I moved from iOS to android over two years ago and woudnt look back.

Apple would want to make something very "magical" indeed to force me back inside their garden.

Android is open and easy to use, there is a slight learning curve as with any platform move but you will soon over come it. I currently have a GS2 and love it (had a desire before)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

fionny wrote: »
    I moved from iOS to android over two years ago and woudnt look back.

Apple would want to make something very "magical" indeed to force me back inside their garden.

Android is open and easy to use, there is a slight learning curve as with any platform move but you will soon over come it. I currently have a GS2 and love it (had a desire before)

Yeah I think I am persuaded, Just hope I dont regret moving but from what I can see everything on ios is on android, is there ways of jailbreaking android like ios or is it already free and open?

Android is quite open, from being able to select different launchers to having different text message and email app's. All this out of the box without the need to do anything.

There is the ability to "root" a device which gives super user permission's but for the average user there is no need to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

I would go with the Galaxy 2. I changed over a year ago to android. And have never regretted it. The Galaxy is a big phone so have a look at it first. Also I would advise buying sim free. Updates are quicker than network updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just to balance things a little here, Apple iOS is a lot more polished than android. The apps are also of better quality. That's a fact.
    I moved from iOS to android and back to iOS as it just wasn't as clean.

Yes I think you'll regret not staying with iOS if you like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

HI Guys,

I have had my 3gs for the last two years and have loved it but got kinda bored and frustrated wit apples software so I jailbroke to get more customisable features

If you go to the iPhone 5 then you'll basically be getting bored again. It's no harm to change and then change back if you likie, buying a phone is not a life-changing decision!

Yeah bit scared to change to android but I think i am goin to go for it, If i dont lik it there is always done deal, and then go back to the iphone!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

I have the iPhone 4 and love it but think it's time it's updated and hopefully the new iPhone will have better features and different look or nobody will update from older iPhones. But id try android see what it's like as you said you can always sell it if it's not for you.

jaybe1 wrote: »
    I have the iPhone 4 and love it but think it's time it's updated and hopefully the new iPhone will have better features and different look or nobody will update from older iPhones. But id try android see what it's like as you said you can always sell it if it's not for you.

yeah gonna head over to car phone warehouse now in a bit, have a silver upgrade so they are giving it to me for €199 with a trade in of 3gs for €125 so €74 for the phone is too good to turn down

Dude shop around, Im guessing your with o2, check Meteor / Three much better tarrifs and same phone prices.

• Advertisement

fionny wrote: »
    Dude shop around, Im guessing your with o2, check Meteor / Three much better tarrifs and same phone prices.

Im in contract until February unfortunately so cant do much without shelling out a couple of hundred, happy enough with o2 but its not a bad network, I always have signal.

Its their pricing i have a problem with, them and vodafone are a wholesale rip off compared to the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

Would you not sell your iPhone yourself you'd definitely get 2-250 for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

I would deffo sell your phone... i think CPW are giving 250 for iphone 4... If i was you i would trade it in against a Galaxy on prepay and not extend your contract. also beware you will put on a new o2 contract which may have less data than your current o2 contract.

Advertisement