Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shaolin Staff

• 16-08-2011 4:45pm

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a couple of shaolin staffs? Preferably from somewhere in Ireland but if you know of anywhere else that I could get them from that would be great too. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

as in a six foot pole?

Bambi wrote: »
    as in a six foot pole?

Well yes and no, but I'm looking for a Shaolin Staff in the more traditional sense of the word, preferably made from White wax wood (or Red Oak at a stretch) and with the bumps and ridges one would expect to find and the flexibility and spring like quality that such a wood brings to it. A six foot pole is fine for sparring/training, I'm hoping for this to be a more ornamental/showpiece staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Try the Bytomic or Blitzsport websites... they're in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OLDMAN1

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a couple of shaolin staffs? Preferably from somewhere in Ireland but if you know of anywhere else that I could get them from that would be great too. Thanks for your help.

never buy one , always make your own, the monk staffs should measure from the floor to your eyebrow, everyone is different depending on how tall you are...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Damo W

Well yes and no, but I'm looking for a Shaolin Staff in the more traditional sense of the word, preferably made from White wax wood (or Red Oak at a stretch) and with the bumps and ridges one would expect to find and the flexibility and spring like quality that such a wood brings to it. A six foot pole is fine for sparring/training, I'm hoping for this to be a more ornamental/showpiece staff.

Try here,

http://www.kwon.com/
    based out of Germany.

The 'staff' is white(ish), has bumps and ridges on it, and a natural finish and is flexible (to a limit).

Usually 7ft plus in length and then we cut them down to the individuals requirement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

Definatley go for the wax wood!
    If you go on "rum soaked fist" forum there's a thread on Xing Yi Spear, they source a Chinese group who will export anything from 2m to 4.5m tapered wax wood spear staffs, I'm sure they can do untappered too, the lads on the forum will help youngot to in communicating with Chinese guys.
    Not sure about decoration on the staff though, seems very un- chan to me?

Thanks a million guys, think I've found what I'm looking for. ;)

Advertisement