Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dance School

Options
  • 16-08-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Does anyone know a good dance school in the midland region, sort of south Westmeath/North Offaly direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

What sort of dance school? Children or adults?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aibrean

Children/teens :)

There's a ballet school in Athlone if that's the type of dance you're looking for.

and is this ''Attitude Dance'' any good?

thanks but its more so modern dance jazz/hip-hop etc.

• Advertisement

I can't comment on whether its any good or not as I don't know the first thing about dance, but they are always out performing at different events in athlone and in the shopping centres so they are very active.

oh its ok thanks! :)

Ive heard of Dancezone Stage School! :/ think its what im looking for! :)

Well Let them have a dance off and see who's best eh!

haha everyones good in there own way! im just looking for a good dance school for a friend! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭malachy47

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I know nothing about dance, or dance schools even, but hasn't attitude won awards or won some competition? Just basing it on something in the back of my mind. I'm sure someone can clear it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Aibrean wrote: »
    oh its ok thanks! :)

Ive heard of Dancezone Stage School! :/ think its what im looking for! :)

Based in Moate as far as I know

Actully just found these contact details in google
    95, Ard Grainne, Ardnapondra, Moate, Westmeath. Phone +353 90 6482991

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Are there any dance schools that accommodate classea for adults? Preferably modern, hiphop or contemporary styles. I used to do classes as a teen for years in dublin but gave up as i went to college, im now finished and would love to go bk into it but im not willing to travel to dublin. Anyone know anywhere? Im based in mullingar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

theres one baised in the arts center that does modern dance run by Siobhan Murphy in mullingar could be what your looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

My friend runs 'Dance Factory' in Mullingar. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dance-Factory/238244736217424.

She's opening one in Athlone soon enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

There's also a place called the dance factory, run by Aimee MacManus. The premises are across the roundabout from the dog track above the pet store. I know they run adult dance classes. That's as much as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 STAR2011

Tubos - are you recommending the school you linked to above? or is it just an observation?

STAR2011 wrote: »
    Tubos - are you recommending the school you linked to above? or is it just an observation?

Not a recommendation. Just posting information I saw on a leaflet.

Just wondering cause I happened to see there year end production in a local hotel last June some time cause my niece was with them and really it is not somewhere I would inclined to send my own children to and a a cost of €20.00 per week it is also very expensive!:)

• Advertisement

I have noticed a lot of leaflets coming through my door in the last few weeks for dance companies / acting classes etc. So there is plenty to choose from in Athlone.

My two children (age 9 and 14) started with a performing arts group "Starlight Kidz" last Saturday in St Mary's Hall and had a ball! Not sure if there are places left but if anyone wants the contact number PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

Dance Zone would be preferably better than Attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭shannie

Starlight Kidz is supposed to be very good aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maxine100

My daughter has being going to attitude in athlone for 5 years and loves it, the teacher is great and only costs 7.50 a week, their ph number is 0860861684

Bronte stage school is opening in September in Athlone...they ran a summer camp earlier this year and it was fantastic apparently. From word of mouth I would highly recommend it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MissBHive

Hi hi, I’m moving back to Athlone town next June and would be very interested in a ballet class for adults instead of yoga (which is great but I never dreamed of being a yogi🙄)m would appreciate any up to date information on this topic.
    Thanks in advance!

Advertisement