Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying credit card

Options
  • 16-08-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi I have a credit card with mbna and have a balance circa 4k I'm going to pay it off completely and close the account, was just wondering if I should chance my arm and ask for a few quid off the balance if paying it off. Has anyone dine this?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You could always ask, but chances are they're going to say no unless it's a case where the card debt is going to be written off altogether and they're happy to get anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

touchwood wrote: »
    Hi I have a credit card with mbna and have a balance circa 4k I'm going to pay it off completely and close the account, was just wondering if I should chance my arm and ask for a few quid off the balance if paying it off. Has anyone dine this?

Not a hope in hell, if word got out that you could bargain your way out of your CC debt- then everyone would be at it....
    No, they'll just keep adding on crazy interest %% until you cough up the monies....

OS

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Caroline_T

Plus good look in trying to pay it off, I have been blessed and my dad gave me money to pay off loans and credit cards and talk about the hassle paying them off in full. :mad:

Advertisement