Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about tyre pressure?

• 16-08-2011 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a bike out in my shed that's been sitting there for years an has barely been cycled in a good while. As result the tyres are a bit soft. I'm going to start cycling it and was wondering what PSI the tyres should be inflated to?

It' a mountain bike btw if that makes any difference but I'll only be using it to cycle on paths,cycle lanes etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Oh people round these parts dont cycle on paths:) the recommended pressure will be printed on the sidewall of the tyre,MTBs are usually between 35 and 65psi but check whats printed before pumping some cheap tyres will only take 40psi max!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

You would want to check out that the brakes are in good working order before you take it out. In particular, brake blocks tend to dry out and harden over time and may not work effectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Thanks for the replies.

PSI was on the tyres Min30 to Max 50. Brakes seem to be working fine but I'll check it again once the tyres are inflated.

EDIT: I suppose I should ask his as well. Is it ok to use the pump at a petrol station to inflate them or should I get a normal bicycle pump?
    These questions are probably a bit foolish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Petrol pump station is fine for those pressures. Be careful though. They'll inflate bike tyres much quicker than car ones.

That said, having a pump at home is also useful for puncture repairs etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Thanks again. The pump has an electronic screen on it that lets you set what PSI you want to inflate to so it should be alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

That's some fancy pump. Has to be on the South side. :D

Advertisement