Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Add-on Blackberry

Options
  • 16-08-2011 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

I understand you need to purchase an add-on to activate BIS on Blackberry handsets, but what I was wondering for the add-on, ie (Meteor, 9.99, 3 free, just lately) how much data usage comes with this add-on?

I'm sure it varies, but they don't seem to indicate allowances on their sites. I could only assume 3 have and all you can eat data allowance but does that operate in conjunction with its offer or is it separate to Blackberry data BIS allowances?

I hope I've come across with some semblance of knowing what I mean(God knows I hope you do), but please feel free to put me right in my inquiry if it seems a bit skewed:pac:

http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/blackberry_payg/

Just found some information on the t&c on the Meteor site...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It comes with a 1gb allowance on PayG for 9.99.

2gb for 4.99 on Bill Pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Three have no pre pay blackberry service at present. On bill pay there's no charge for blackberry services and data comes out of the all you can eat. So for me I pay 30 euro for 250min, 200sms (350 flex units), 15gb data, BIS (Blackberry Internet Services), 3000mins 3 to 3 calls, Unlimited landline calls any time of day. Sim only 30 day plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Thanks for your replies. That plan seems to tick a lot of the boxes indeed. Can I ask what Blackberry you use? I'm an android phone user, HTC Desire, but do have an interest in BB.

The 30-day contract can be flexible but should you have a budget for the price of handset it's likely it won't stretch to any of the top of the range models (plus the lunacy of forking out 500-600 quid for a phone), but that said, it works out well for people who have an affinity with Blackberry phones as a decent one, eg 9300, won't break the bank and you can still reap the rewards of all the benefits in 30-day contract as you would in a 24-month contract(which is ridiculous in my opinion).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Currently using the 9700 but impatiently awaiting the arrival of my new 9900 :(

If you are moving to Three (or any other network) get a free pre pay sim and test the 3G signal where you live, work and play.

You could look at buying a second hand device to trial the Blackberry before forking out a lot initially.

Advertisement