Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any reason why friend using a latop with eircom setanta sports cannot view on his lcd

Options
  • 16-08-2011 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭

friend of mine has an ACER laptop and Eircom BB that gets him the setanta sports, he has the laptop hooked up to an LCD TV using s video but last w/e he could not get a picture on the LCD for the liverpool game! Is this deliberate ie are the outputs disabled or a mistake on his part. He has re-registered for some reason. He wants to watch game tonight so hence my query as he has asked me to have a look.

Help

gbc--

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

No I use it from a VGA to the VGA on my telly without hassle.

Sometimes when it doesn't work and you need to delete cookies/cache etc. Also you HAVE to sign in either, I just checked it there without signing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭TANGLEWOOD

Is the picture size on tv screen the same as on the size of the picture on laptop or is there a way to get the picture full size of tv screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Im not sure i understand fully, is Setanta not showing on both the laptop and tv, or just not showing on the tv but on the laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks all, got it sorted, its an ACER laptop with VISTA, which I knew nothing about but I do now. On the keyboard there is an fn key and f5 that can be used to toggle between displays, after a few presses I got it sorted and used GA on his bigger TV. He is well happy, me I still hate VISTA!!

On the screen size all I could get was 16:9 on the big 42" display while watching footie. That setanta uses a default video player and the screen size is tiny and them full screen is not much bigger so I went to Zoom and got fullscreen but that is 16:9 and a bit squashed.

gbc--

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Good to hear you got it sorted, I only heard about pressing one of the F keys to connect the laptop to a monitor or TV this month myself. I took it as the same as a desktop and just connect and you can see it on both screens.

I agree the aspect ratio and the sound are not great on Setenta online, but I suppose it’s free and in most cases is still better than the streams out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    friend of mine has an ACER laptop and Eircom BB that gets him the setanta sports, he has the laptop hooked up to an LCD TV using s video but last w/e he could not get a picture on the LCD for the liverpool game! Is this deliberate ie are the outputs disabled or a mistake on his part. He has re-registered for some reason. He wants to watch game tonight so hence my query as he has asked me to have a look.

Help

gbc--

Hi GBCULLEN,

Thanks for your query and pleased to see you have resolved your issue viewing Setanta.

In relation to Setanta sports this is available from the Eircom site, the url is http://sports.eircom.net/setanta/

As always, this is supported via mail only.

Should a customer have any issues regarding this content they should visit http://support.eircom.net/emailescalation/ and under ''Problem type:'' drop down menu select ''Trouble Using an Eircom Broadband Service'' and then select ''Setanta''

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement