Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011-2012 Goalscorer Log

Options
  • 16-08-2011 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Never been able to make a good profit on soccer betting but have been buoyed by my Edin Dzeko 1st scorer bet last night so will try my hand at 1st scorer bets over the season.

Will look to take advantage of the money-back specials, online and in-shop.

All 1pt each way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Dailynaps

#1.
    Arsenal v Udinese
    1pt each way Antonio Di Natale 7/1 & 23/10 Boyles (Money back if he scores 2nd)

Arsenal look to have big problems with no Fabregas, Nasri or Van Persie and I'd expect them to struggle against a good Udinese outfit. Di Natale is a goal machine top scoring in Serie A for the last two seasons, scoring 30 goals from 41 games last season. If he can get a half chance on the counter, he usually slots it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I like the idea of your log, best of luck with it :)

Chelsea v West Brom
    1pt each way Fernando Torres 15/4 Bet365

Looked full of hunger in his MOTM display against Stoke, Chelsea will probably net a few here and with Torres likely to be the main man up front I expect his name on the scoresheet. 5/4 to "place" is huge.

Man U V Tottenham
    1pt each way Rafael Van der Vaart 19/2 (Victor Chandler) and 10/3 (Will Hill)

Tottenham looked very impressive tonight with Van der Vaart scoring the first in a 5-0 win. He was THE bargain buy of last season netting 13 goals in just 28 league games and with United's back four looking like Fabio, Smalling, Jones and Evans, this could be the ideal time to play them.

Man U V Tottenham
    1pt each way Jermain Defoe 19/2 (Victor Chandler) and 10/3 (Will Hill)

To use horse racing terms, trainer has reported him to be working very well at home and he looked back to his best tonight ripping Hearts' defence to pieces on numerous occasions. He linked up really well with Van der Vaart and hopefully that performance will book his starting place for next Monday night's game, and they can destroy United's makeshift defence together.

• Advertisement

Dailynaps wrote: »
    #1.
    Arsenal v Udinese
    1pt each way Antonio Di Natale 7/1 & 23/10 Boyles (Money back if he scores 2nd)

Whoops, forgot to post up I backed this again today :rolleyes: :pac:

Swansea v Sunderland
    1pt each way Danny Graham 13/2 Skybet

Swansea played some good football in their first two games and I fancy them to get their first Premier League goal today. They played just Danny Graham up top in their first two games this season and he's led the line well doing all but score against Wigan last week. He was top scorer in the Championship last season and at 13/2 looks a bet.

Liverpool v Bolton
    1pt 1st scorer Luis Suarez 7/2 PP (Money back if he scores last)

Has started the season really well and though I don't fancy Liverpool very much in this game, the money-back special makes it look worthwhile.

No winners yet :o Can't believe Danny Graham didn't score last weekend!!

Germany v Austria
    1pt each way Miroslav Klose 3/1 Bet365

We all know how good he is, has been absolutely prolific for his National side with 61 goals in 110 appearances. Germany should get a few here and would be surprised if Klose wasn't on the scoresheet.

England v Wales
    1pt each way Wayne Rooney 3/1 Paddy Power

Would be surprised if England didn't win this convincingly and Rooney should be able to get on the scoresheet.

• Advertisement

Man City v Wigan
    1pt each way Edin Dzeko 15/4 Bet365

Having backed him for top scorer, I'm delighted to see he's been banging in the goals in the last few weeks and more easy pickings are expected for him today. He's a goal scoring machine with right or left foot and excellent heading ability.

Man City v Wigan
    1pt each way Edin Dzeko 15/4 Bet365

Having backed him for top scorer, I'm delighted to see he's been banging in the goals in the last few weeks and more easy pickings are expected for him today. He's a goal scoring machine with right or left foot and excellent heading ability.
    Didn't start at the weekend but worth another try tonight.

Man City v Napoli
    1pt each way Edin Dzeko 9/2 Will Hill

Running totals

Bet 17pts
    Returned 6pts

No good but tis early days yet!

Blackburn v Arsenal
    1pt each way Robin Van Persie 4/1 Totesport (Double odds for 2 goals, treble for 3)

The very definition of prolific he's been managing a goal every other game for the last 5 season. Injuries have blighted his career but he's fit and healthy so far this season. Slotted a good finish mid-week against Dortmund and with this Blackburn defence sure to give plenty of chances away, VP won't be too forgiving.

Swnasea v West Brom
    1pt each way Danny Graham 7/1 Will Hill

Hasn't proven his goal-scoring abilities yet this season but I'm confident it'll come. Swansea play some good football and are sure to create lots of chances today with their main man up front going to slot a few ;)

Swnasea v West Brom
    1pt each way Danny Graham 7/1 Will Hill
    Damn. Non-starter, very annoying as looks like he'd have nabbed it!

Advertisement