Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTunes & DJing

• 16-08-2011 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Is iTunes music of a good enough quality to DJ with?

I asked this question a year or two ago, and there was some disagreement over it. Has a general consensus emerged now that digital DJing has taken off the way it has?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

I just dug up my original question. I actually missed the last reply until now, it seems to answer the question.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67110374

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Itunes store quality is 256kps AAC isn't it? That = 320kps MP3. Thats grand quality for like a house party or a small bar gig, but if your going to be playing a decent size club or having your music very loud, then its best to get FLAC or WAV rips, as MP3s will distort and the bass wont sound as good. If your going to be using mp3s though, definitely buy them off beatport or even itunes, as many online "320kps" rips are not true 320 kps, just 192kps or there about rips up converted.

Digitalism wrote: »
    Itunes store quality is 256kps AAC isn't it? That = 320kps MP3. Thats grand quality for like a house party or a small bar gig, but if your going to be playing a decent size club or having your music very loud, then its best to get FLAC or WAV rips, as MP3s will distort and the bass wont sound as good. If your going to be using mp3s though, definitely buy them off beatport or even itunes, as many online "320kps" rips are not true 320 kps, just 192kps or there about rips up converted.

Yep, it's 256kps AAC.

iTunes is good for hard to find stuff like funk, reggae, etc. That's generally what I use it for. A lot of that stuff isn't available anywhere else digitally, so it's take it or leave it.

I won't be playing Fabric anytime soon, so I guess I'm safe enough using it. :p

Thanks!

Digitalism wrote: »
    many online "320kps" rips are not true 320 kps, just 192kps or there about rips up converted.

I buy off Boomkat quiet a bit, would you say they provide proper 320's? It seems to be a well respected site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I buy off Boomkat quiet a bit, would you say they provide proper 320's? It seems to be a well respected site.
    More than likely. I mean getting rips online off sites like zippyshare and mediafire for free, they're very popular but many times they are not true 320 rips. If your buying them, then its safe to assume they're 320kps rips.

• Advertisement

Oh right, I get ya.

Incidentally, I bought a few tracks off LegalSounds recently. 9 cent per track. I ended up deleting them. The quality was probably okay, but it didn't feel right.

Advertisement