Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

littlewoods !

Options
  • 16-08-2011 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

I bought 2 identical wardrobes from littlewoods 2 months ago. They arrived in late july and i was away so didnt realise untill i returned ten days after delivery that one of the wardrobes came with wrong colour doors but rest of wardrobe was right colour. Seems to have been a problem with their Dublin warehouse putting wrong parcel of doors in with my order. I rand to tell them and 3 weeks later the irish office posted me a letter asking us to call them to arrange collection of wrong doors AND rest of wardrobe which are correct colour.
    Anyway now they want me to pay a higher price as price has gone up! I bought them when discounted and paid up front. So now they want me to pay 179 eur for a new wardrobe and only give me credit for 134euro i paid. They are charging me 45euro for THEIR mistake!
    Any ideas about dealing with this? Anyone have a direct number in ireland to a manager as their english customer service people dont seem to be able or willing to sort this out so that i get my proper wardrobe doors without costing 45euro and another 4 week wait.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The product was not as described due to incorrect supply. You are entitled to a refund, replacement or repair. What it sounds like they are trying to do here is issue you a refund and then get you to purchase the replacement. Only there is a price difference. If it was equally priced, then this wouldn't really matter and the offer would be reasonable.

However, this is putting you out of pocket, so therefore their suggestion isn't reasonable, and you are entitled to reject it and instead seek an alternative solution.

Tell them that you don't want a refund, you want the correct doors supplied (if this means they have to take away all before they can send you a new one, that's fine, but the key thing to note is that you are not paying them anymore money).

Inform them that they have 5-10 working days (your choice) to resolve this to your satisfaction, or you will lodge a claim in the Small Claims Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ana36

Hi, try this

http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Guides-to-Consumer-Law/Shopping/intro.html?gclid=CK321sqH1aoCFQJO4QodNmgs6g

1890 432 432 or (01) 402 5555

They are really nice and helpful and will advice you on all of your rights as a consumer and what further action to take regarding the issues you have with the company in question.

Your item was not as described, therefore as mentioned above you are entitled to a full refund or replacement.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

So now they want me to pay 179 eur for a new wardrobe and only give me credit for 134euro i paid. They are charging me 45euro for THEIR mistake!

You were offered a refund. you get your money back. (you dont get a choice of refund replacement or fix)

They are not obligated to give you another one at the same price.

You are not obligated to puchase another one at an inflated price.

End of...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You were offered a refund. you get your money back. (you dont get a choice of refund replacement or fix)

You are entitled to reject what was offered, you don't have to accept it. Rejecting it can mean more hardship, as the retailer also doesn't have to offer you anything more.

In this case, replacements are available and should be given, but Littlewoods are pulling a fast one and trying to get more money out of the consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

I had a somewhat similar issue about 2 years ago where I ordered a wardrobe for delivery to my in-laws. I managed to type in the wrong house number but discovered it before it was processed for delivery so I rang them to get the address corrected. I was told this would be done. The next day I logged in to my account and saw that what they had actually done was cancelled my previous order and processed a new order with the correct details.

This would have been fine but I had used a 20% code on my original order and the re-order was processed at full price. I proceeded to ring them again and after some toing and froing got them to agree to apply a 20% discount or else I wanted the order cancelled altoghether.

I'd recommend ringing again and fighting your case that the issue is theirs and that you should be entitled to have what you ordered at the price you originally paid and see where you get. Bear in mind at all times be reasonable in your arguments/points and don't lose the rag and you might be lucky enough to get someone who'll respond favourably.

• Advertisement

jor el wrote: »
    You are entitled to reject what was offered, you don't have to accept it. Rejecting it can mean more hardship, as the retailer also doesn't have to offer you anything more.

Yes but you still dont have a choice. Customer cant pick. As you've said though customer can refuse but you might fuk things up for yourself

I would take my money back and not do business with them in the future, also send a letter of complaint in writing to thier head office.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yes but you still dont have a choice. Customer cant pick. As you've said though customer can refuse but you might fuk things up for yourself

The consumer can reject unreasonable offers. In this case, being expected to stump up more money can be seen as unreasonable.
    I would take my money back and not do business with them in the future, also send a letter of complaint in writing to thier head office.

You could do that - taking your money elsewhere is a great way of letting businesses know what you think.

dudara wrote: »
    The consumer can reject unreasonable offers. In this case, being expected to stump up more money can be seen as unreasonable.

It is unreasonable but I imagine its not in the terms of thier refunding the customer.

The customer does have the choice to purchase again but not at the previous discounted price.

Customer should have been sorted a bit better than this really. Its not good for business. I would ask for management on the next call and if not happy then take the refund and cease business with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

They replied to an email i sent threatening small claims court and have agreed to refund the difference after i place a new order and incorrect order is returned.
    cheers

Advertisement