Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need to make a basic Excel calendar based spreadsheet

Options
  • 16-08-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Sorry for this, given that this is a serious development forum, but I'm looking for a boost in the right direction. Please bear with my explanation. I am open to any and all suggestions including PFO's!

I currently work a contract that is 6 weeks working, 2 weeks leave. We can also be flexible as long as the ratio stays the same. I am hoping to create a spreadsheet that calculates 3 days worked = 1 day leave on a calendar/dated spreadsheet. Then I plan on giving this spreadsheet to the secretary who overseas the leave so she can manage myself and my colleagues easily and flexibly.

Heres is how I plan to do it.
    At its most basic I plan to give days worked a value of "1" and leave days a value of "-3". As long as the total remains 0, then nothing is owed by either party. If there is a positive or negative total value then days are either owed by or owed to an employee.

Getting more complicated:
    Certified sick days count as work days so they get a value of "1".
    Uncertified sick days may be taken from leave so may be given a value of "-3" on agreement. If unagreed to take leave in lieue of sickness then it gets a value of "0" as it is neither a day worked nor a leave day.

So here I am. I have microsoft excel 2010. I presume this to be the best software to use for this purpose. Where to start?
    What methodology should I use?
    Obviously a calendar will be my template, and perhaps a few basic enough macros should be used, but I am fairly clueless as to how to do this as yet. I have very extensive computer experience, but in Excel I am a complete newbie.
    In short. Help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

How ya, just as a mini project i took your requirements and did something up in excel. Have a look at the screenshots and see if they are what you are looking for & send me a private message. Not looking for anything in return.

screenshot2.bmp

screenshot1.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Nice. Sending PM

Advertisement