Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What phone are looking at?

Options
  • 16-08-2011 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

What phone are you looking at? This includes upcoming, announced and released. Personally I'm keeping my eye on HTC, Apple, Foxconn and Nokia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭marathonic

TechnoKid wrote: »
    What phone are you looking at? This includes upcoming, announced and released. Personally I'm keeping my eye on HTC, Apple, Fusion Garage and Nokia.

I've ordered a Samsung Galaxy SII via Meteor. One of my main criteria was a 12 month contract which I couldn't get on an iPhone. My current phone is an iPhone 3G but that's very outdated now.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

The only thing I'd consider buying is a Nokia N9, and that'd have to be SIM-free (ouch). It might have the lowest CPU/GPU spec of all the late-2011 phones, but it's the only one that's in any way new: everything else is "like our last one, but faster/shinier/with a new hat".

What I'm not looking to buy, but interested in seeing:
    Fusion Garage's Grid10 tablet (aka "TabCo") - but disappointed that this is Android, after all the hype about being "new".
    Nokia's Windows Phone (Nokia 800?)- I've played with WP7 before, and the software deserves some decent-feeling hardware; the current crop are way too cheap and plasticky.
    Nokia 600,700,701 - the Symbian Belle makeover has arrived about a year too late, but now it's here, it does look good enough to give Android a real run for its money on mid-range devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TechnoKid

Interesting, I was talking on maemo.org and most people there think HTC will pick up MeeGo.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

oh, that could be very interesting. I like HTC's Desire phones, but not Android. Still don't think we'll see a MeeGo phone unless N9 sells about 20 million units and Nokia HAVE to work on a follow-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TechnoKid

I have the same view on HTC phones aswell as LG. What would be even more interesting if HTC replaced Nokia and made a exclusive Sense or MeSense. (that was just dreams :P). If the N9 sells a few million (I definitively hope so), some other manufacturer will probably pick it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement