Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving for Auckland

Options
  • 16-08-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Yup. Leaving the first of October. Eeeeeeeeeekkk!!! Going on my own. Double eek. I'll get things sorted in Auckland and find a motorbike over there. I'll hit the road for a couple of weeks and settle down in a comfie spot and find some work thereafter.

Anyone else heading out in or around then? I'd be lying if I didn't say I was bricking it at the thought of going alone...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Hey mate

Im heading over in a couple of weeks. Transferring through my company to Auckland. Like yourself, heading over on my own. I know one or two people but not very well. Feel free to give me a shout as im all for meeting new people.

Chur
    Munky (AKA Karl)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Hey mate

Im heading over in a couple of weeks. Transferring through my company to Auckland. Like yourself, heading over on my own. I know one or two people but not very well. Feel free to give me a shout as im all for meeting new people.

Chur
    Munky (AKA Karl)

Sounds good Karl/ Munky/ Karl/ Munky.

Good luck over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭elementalwater

Hey Guys,

I've been here 10 days and its amazing. Don't worry about travelling on your own, everyone is really friendly and Auckland is acutually tiny. You'll feel like you're at home!

What i do advise is to set up your bank account before you arrive, all you have to do is turn up at the bank then with your confirmation email, ID and proof of address in NZ (I got this off the hostel im staying in). They post out your card to you then and you can transfer money over ahead of time. I went with Kiwibank as they do total online banking and gave me a visa debit card.

Drop me an email if you fancy meeting up for a drink if you get bored!

Advertisement