Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite air CPU cooler

• 16-08-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭

What's your favourite air cooler for your CPU for overclocking ? Gonna buy a new one shortly still have the standard intel one for the Q6600.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've a Q6600 too and I've just ordered a Cooler Master Hyper TX 3 from Komplett.
    It should push all the hot air out the back of the PC rather than down onto the mobo like the stock intel fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

whats your budget?

whats your budget?

whats your budget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭jaybe1

Don't really have a budget was thinking Tuniq 120 extreme or thermalright 120 extreme so I guess that kinda money 40-€50. If you can recommend something else that's along those lines been outta the overclocking loop for the last couple of years so wanna get a cooler for starters then upgrade to ddr3 ram. Have ddr2 1066 crucial ballistix at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Noctua D14 is one of the best cpu air cooler you can get.
    Prolimatech super mega air cooler is another excellent cooler for overclocking but its huge.

Noctua D14 is one of the best cpu air cooler you can get.
    Prolimatech super mega air cooler is another excellent cooler for overclocking but its huge.

Actually have been thinking about the noctua nh-d14 alright and It'll fit in my case and motherboard too (antec 900 and gigabyte ga-p35c- ds3r ) where's the cheapest place to buy it ? Amazon has it for £67 with free shipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

hardwareversand.de has it for 67eur but you get 30eur shipping so I'ld say amazon is probably the cheapest. Check scan.co.uk and overclockers.co.uk too.

hardwareversand.de has it for 67eur but you get 30eur shipping so I'ld say amazon is probably the cheapest. Check scan.co.uk and overclockers.co.uk too.

As far as I recall scan don't do noctura products but I'll have a look incase I'm wrong. It's mad that it can be got for around €52 in the states and it made in Europe but we here get screwed for €20 odd extra doesn't make sense. Cheers for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I bought my D14 from Komplett.ie. 79.95 euro with free shipping. It's a quality product, very easy to install.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I bought my D14 from Komplett.ie. 79.95 euro with free shipping. It's a quality product, very easy to install.

Nice buy man, that's a dam fine cooler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭infowars.com

i got the asus silent square evo in pc world for 15 euro though not sure if it will fit on my board asus m5a99x evo amd 3 +

Advertisement