Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread locked in After Hours without explanation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Did you PM a mod to get an explanation. If you do that, they'll probably be able to tell you why it was locked.

But, it does come across a bi troll-ish, tbh. You shouldn't really start a thread without giving your side of the argument or (in this case) your reason for asking the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

When it comes to silly/pointless threads,yes,it is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I closed it, sorry about lack of closing post but I got distracted.

It was closed because it didn't make much sense and screams troll.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thread remains open in feedback without explanation.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Did you PM a mod to see why it is left open? If you do that, they may be able to help you out with an explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Is this normal?

When it comes to threads asking random questions as opposed to feedback, yes, it's normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056356459

If someone could kindly point of the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

This post is a single word.Its also a topic that will likely descend into users abusing celebs/politicians/anyone in the public eye they have a problem with.Cue infractions,headaches for mods and general train wreckery.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056356459

If someone could kindly point of the difference?

This thread asks a couple of questions and asks members to give their opinion on a particular subject.Its something that Im sure many people would have an opinion on.

==============>DIFFERENCE<==============

There you go lil buddeh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭jimdeans

This thread asks a couple of questions and asks members to give their opinion on a particular subject.Its something that Im sure many people would have an opinion on.

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

This post is a single word.Its also a topic that will likely descend into users abusing celebs/politicians/anyone in the public eye they have a problem with.Cue infractions,headaches for mods and general train wreckery.

==============>DIFFERENCE<==============

There you go lil buddeh!

Sorry. You seems to have confused your answer to my question with an "excuse" and personal opinion.

Both threads were questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭jimdeans

Sorry. You seems to have confused your answer to my question with an "excuse" and personal opinion.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Both threads were questions.

I think the explanation is rather clear, if not blatantly obvious..

There is an unwritten rule in AH among members that when posting the content of the post has more words in it than the title.

Look, mods decide if a thread is going to be more hassle than its worth, and the do act as editors of the board, and if a thread is tripe, they choose to close it, and thats their job...

What gives them the right to decide what is a worthy thread?

Simple answer to that is, they are the moderators.. they have been chosen to be mods based on the awesome wisdom.. ie experience.

If you dont agree that the thread should be closed.. pm them and state your case

I think the explanation is rather clear, if not blatantly obvious..

There is an unwritten rule in AH among members that when posting the content of the post has more words in it than the title.

Look, mods decide if a thread is going to be more hassle than its worth, and the do act as editors of the board, and if a thread is tripe, they choose to close it, and thats their job...

What gives them the right to decide what is a worthy thread?

Simple answer to that is, they are the moderators.. they have been chosen to be mods based on the awesome wisdom.. ie experience.

If you dont agree that the thread should be closed.. pm them and state your case

Thanks for the answer.

The difference is that the mods didn't deem the thread reasonable or worthy?

Sad no one could just say that rather than getting all defensive and making up excuses about "one word" etc.

Sad no one could just say that rather than getting all defensive and making up excuses about "one word" etc.
    Someone just did. Someone else didn't. Everyone else probably couldn't care less.

Gordon wrote: »
    Someone just did. Someone else didn't. Everyone else probably couldn't care less.

Still on the defensive?

Sad, really :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Still on the defensive?

Do you ever post anything useful or do you just drive-by Feedback every so often to piss off the regulars?

Still on the defensive?

I closed the thread and outlined the reason.

You ask why the other stated thread wasn't closed. Loads of reasons.

The OP of your example thread was asking members a question.

If you go through current threads, you will see posters asking other members questions, such as Blue or Red pill, Worst way of dying, Would you take a pill that gives you immortality, opinions on public displays of affection etc etc .

These threads weren't asking to name famous people who didn't finish school.

Anyhow, I believe all these facts are irrelevant and your real question was something else.

To answer it,yes. Posters with a history of posting get more leeway. I know the OP's of the posts I pointed out aren't re-regs or trolls.

I am always suspicious of first time posters starting a thread on AH. I have posters with 50+ posts PMing me on how to start threads, let alone know to start a thread in feedback after their second post/thread.

Guys,

It's all cool.

It was obvious the OP had a point and you made it. Sad it took so long to get the proper answer rather than the short word thread crap.

Case closed really.

Guys,

It's all cool.

It was obvious the OP had a point and you made it. Sad it took so long to get the proper answer rather than the short word thread crap.

Case closed really.

The OP asked a question. I was closing mod and responded, see below.
    I closed it, sorry about lack of closing post but I got distracted.

It was closed because it didn't make much sense and screams troll.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

The case was closed before you decided to compare another random thread in a poor attempt to stir.

• Advertisement

The OP asked a question. I was closing mod and responded, see below.

The case was closed before you decided to compare another random thread in a poor attempt to stir.

One does believe the case was closed with your post but other people made more posts, like moi.

Sue us or something.

Still on the defensive?

Just pointing out where you were wrong, and giving you an overall insight into why there was a lack of responses, I felt it proper to help you be informed of this. No need to get angry about it duderino. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

thread closed. OPs question was asked and answered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement