Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiat Ducato

• 16-08-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I was wondering if anybody could tell me where I could get my Fiat Ducato 2.5tdi 1993 engine Mk1 revamped /reconditioned and what kind of price would I be looking at,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

they are a super simple engine , any decent mechanic can do it . where in Tipp are you? anywhere near Nenagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tippman 1

I am from North Tipperary but living in west Cork, but could travel up to Tipp ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Came across this ad on donedeal
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/commercials/2358396

It seem to suggest that a front wheel drive transit drivetrain could be shoe horned into a Ducato

Thanks for that , I will let you know how I get on, thanks ,trad

why would you bother though? The Fiat motor is a grand sweet engine . And that ad wouldn't suggest that to me... it seems just that he's looking to buy van spares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭_Conrad_

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    why would you bother though? The Fiat motor is a grand sweet engine . And that ad wouldn't suggest that to me... it seems just that he's looking to buy van spares.

indeed.... that just seems like he wants parts for several vans. Within reason you can put any engine into anything, as long as you have enough time and/or money but i don't think that ad was put up by a guy intending to switch to ford power for his fiat. Though i have seen a fiat powered ford and a ford powered fiat, not vans though.

As was already said they're a basic old engine, any half decent diesel mechanic should be able to do a grand job

I got on to that person with the Fiat 2.5Jtd engine , it sounds like my own engine is in better condition , I need to get on to a Fiat mechanic that knows about the Mk1 engines , any suggestion

you don't need a Fiat mechanic , I never worked for Fiat and have rebuilt them perfectly . Gordon Percy in Nenagh does good engine machining , as does condrons of Killeigh , Donlons of Lanesborough(?) , and closer to you , MacCarthys in CastleIsland have a brilliant reputation .

Thanks for the names,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

Not sure where in West Cork you are, but Den McSweeney in the Mealagh Valley should be able to help out.

I bought my Ducato off him a few years ago - he's a camper driver himself and has serviced mine in the past, and I've seen a few outside his place waiting for work to be done - he also seems to do work on coaches/minibuses etc...

pm me of you want his number.

Chris

• Advertisement

Thanks Chris,

Advertisement