Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruitment company Galway?

Options
  • 16-08-2011 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Can anyone recommend a recruitment company in Galway or surrounding area?

Im a chartered accountant currently working in industry in Dublin in an accounting/business management/marketing role in SME and would love a similar role in Galway

Any help would be appreciated as im not from Galway area so dont have many contacts there.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

http://www.collinsmcnicholas.ie/

I found these guys great to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

+1 on collinsmcnicholas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Destroyer666

Pinkin wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a recruitment company in Galway or surrounding area?

Im a chartered accountant currently working in industry in Dublin in an accounting/business management/marketing role in SME and would love a similar role in Galway

Any help would be appreciated as im not from Galway area so dont have many contacts there.
    Thanks

Stay clear of Ice recruitment, <<snip>>

• Registered Users Posts: 25,900 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Please explain the problem(s) you had with them Destroyer666: I have no problem with you telling your story, but blanket statements like that just get boards.ie into trouble.

/moderation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Destroyer666

JustMary wrote: »

Please explain the problem(s) you had with them Destroyer666: I have no problem with you telling your story, but blanket statements like that just get boards.ie into trouble.

/moderation.

Take a good chunk out of your hourly wage while employees in the same job get more for doing the same thing, less holidays than fellow employees and often get wages wrong.But like that they seem to hire for a lot of companys in Galway so tis hard to avoid them, yes Im lucky to have a job but should I be laid of I wont be in a major panic to rejoin the workforce, make of that what you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Never thought much of Collins McNicholas whatsoever to be honest, CCP seem to be decent enough.....looking for work back in Galway at the moment though and to say it is tricky is an understatement!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Take a good chunk out of your hourly wage while employees in the same job get more for doing the same thing, less holidays than fellow employees and often get wages wrong.But like that they seem to hire for a lot of companys in Galway so tis hard to avoid them, yes Im lucky to have a job but should I be laid of I wont be in a major panic to rejoin the workforce, make of that what you will.

My boyfriend and his sister both have a job because of this recruitment agency! Never once have they had any problem with them. They are both on €9.50 an hour, So no complaints about taking a 'good chunk' out of their wages. They are both just very happy to be getting above the minimum wage. And with regards to holidays, my BF has received all they holiday days he is entitled to.

I'm not arguing about whether or not you had a bad experience. Im just sharing my BF's good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pinkin

thanks for the replies. no joy yet on the jobs front. have sent me cv to the recruitment companies but as yet have not received a response - fingers crossed x

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cladda1112

JustMary i so so so agree with Destroyer666

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

http://www.collinsmcnicholas.ie/

I found these guys great to deal with.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cladda1112

sums up everything i would say about this company.

Advertisement