Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft Ph.D. student survey

Options
  • 16-08-2011 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭

My name is Alex Leavitt, and I am a PhD student at the Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism at the University of Southern California. I study social media, networked culture, and Internet technologies. You can read more about my research and background by visiting my homepage.

This summer, I'll be continuing a project about Minecraft that looks at the effect of large networks of people online on production in the creative industries. I'm interested in Minecraft because of the rapid rate of its popularity as well as how its current user base of millions affects the game's development, its online information ecosystem, and our understanding of games and game culture.
    Sometime this fall, I'm aiming to finish a survey of Minecraft players and carry out interviews with developers, modders, and ordinary fans.

This summer, I'll be conducting a large survey of Minecraft players. The data I collect and analyze will be presented at PAX Prime and incorporated into articles for academic publication.
    The survey is officially live! Take the survey here.

Check it out... it takes about 10-15 minutes but I think it is worth it! Who would have guess it! Minecraft is now being studied in college!

Comments

Advertisement