Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling AIB direct debit?

Options
  • 16-08-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I read that you can't cancel DD with AIB over the phone so I thought I'd ask here about how to go about this. Is it possible to do it through online banking? I looked but could only see how to cancel standing orders.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭dev100

pog it wrote: »
    Hey,

I read that you can't cancel DD with AIB over the phone so I thought I'd ask here about how to go about this. Is it possible to do it through online banking? I looked but could only see how to cancel standing orders.

Thanks for any help!

Call into your local branch, send it by letter or fax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Generally speaking, from my own experience with other banks, they want it in writing.

I once wrote it on a lodgement slip and handed it back over the counter. :mad:

NOT AIB, I actually could not open an account with AIB for a claim settlement of €14,000 ~ but that's OT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

It is possible to cancel it online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

astonaidan wrote: »
    It is possible to cancel it online

I looked and all I found was standing order cancellation info.

Can you post up what links to follow to access direct debit cancellation if it can be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭freddiek

Yep I rang the 24 hour number some time ago with a request like this and was told to go into the branch. Couldnt be done any other way

of course if u have AIB 24HR banking you can amend, cancel and create Standing Orders but not direct debits

• Advertisement
Advertisement