Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Thailand - any advice?

Options
  • 16-08-2011 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking of going to Thailand for about 4 weeks around October. Does anyone know of a good website or travel agent to find a good value flight?
    Also, I'm looking for a bit of advice - it's a cheap, beach-type extended holiday I'm looking for. Where in Thailand is this possible? I know friends of mine have done it for about 6 months, living in beach huts or similar, but I've lost touch with them since.
    Thanks in advance - Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Hi, I know you probably know this but that time of year will be monsoon season so not exactly beach season. Koh phangan or koh phi phi would be popular spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Try here mate i just booked a flight for november for 640 from cork

http://www.travelpaths.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

Thanks a million, guys. I'll look into it.
    Actually I had no idea that it was monsoon season- would that rule out the beach holiday? Might have to rethink my plans, maybe postpone it till January

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Thanks a million, guys. I'll look into it.
    Actually I had no idea that it was monsoon season- would that rule out the beach holiday? Might have to rethink my plans, maybe postpone it till January

october is usually pretty wet alright well it may rain for an hour or 2 everyday but still hot, from november on it's usually fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply, but thanks a million for the heads-up - i'm actually going to go by your advice and postpone it till january, and maybe take a short holiday closer to home in september / october period. Nice one, you saved me a lot of disappointment and a wet holiday :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement