Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best fake tan you have ever tried..

• 16-08-2011 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Is St. Tropez really the best or is there something else out there that's even better?

What about good dupes? Also for application, mitt or glove?

Comments

St. Tropez is by far the best I have found.

Fake bake is almost up there with St. Tropez

A friend uses rockstar tan and it's gorgeous on her.

St. Moriz (sp?) that Penneys stock is supposed to be excellent but haven't tried it.

I also use a mit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cookie82

iv actually starting using the mousse from penny's was a bit worried about using it as im seriously pale skinned but it came up lovely any streaks ect were my own fault & a bargain @ €4. definitely the mitt much more even coverage. :D

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Another fan of the St. Moritz mousse here, it goes on really well and dries quickly. Best to use a mitt to apply it and get the best finish. It does pong a bit though so best applied the night before.

I've recently discovered the fake tan wipes they also sell in Penneys, €1.50 for a pack of 20-they are the best tan product I've ever used-no joke. They're not tinted but really moist so you can kind of see where you've applied. The scent is really pleasant, no fake tan smell at all. I use one per limb and then rub in again with a glove to ensure even coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Sun Junkie spray tan is the best i've ever used....and i've used them all!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

tan11ie wrote: »
    Sun Junkie spray tan is the best i've ever used....and i've used them all!!!

Where do you get that? Is it expensive?

I use Xen-Tan. It has a nice golden tone to it, not a bit orangey. I put it on at night with a mitt, shower it off in the morn and it's good for about a week once I moisturise regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Thanks for the replies people! Well I also use St Moriz but I am kinda thinking of trying something new? I find that it goes on me awful light and I am pale-ish enough. Perhaps that's my wrongful method but I doubt it..

I use a mitt as well but find that sometimes the product seeps through the back giving be orange finger tips making me stop to wash them off and then continue which can be annoying. Plus it does soak up a lot of product..

I'll give the one's mentioned a look up and see the results/reviews, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 kleine_schwein

Sally all the way! (Sally Hansen airbrush legs... I use it all over).

Rimmel Sunshimmer is definitely a cheap and safe bet too, but only if you need the tan to last for a short period of time. Also, you're kinda screwed if you set foot out in the rain ha :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Spray tan- St. Tropez is my fave

Self tan- I like Model Co, (only get it in Tx Maxx though, way cheaper) recently bought St. Moritz dark to try out. Use Bronz Express sometimes as well

Instant tan- Rockstar fame is very good

Resi12 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies people! Well I also use St Moriz but I am kinda thinking of trying something new? I find that it goes on me awful light and I am pale-ish enough. Perhaps that's my wrongful method but I doubt it..

are you using the light or dark one?
    use a mitt as well but find that sometimes the product seeps through the back giving be orange finger tips making me stop to wash them off and then continue which can be annoying. Plus it does soak up a lot of product..!

Try using a latex glove under the mitt. Definitely use a mitt for best results though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭chickencurry02

I hate fake tan on women. I dont see why ye can just keep the natural look. I prefer the natural look , nothing wrong with a pale complexion

• Advertisement

I hate fake tan on women. I dont see why ye can just keep the natural look. I prefer the natural look , nothing wrong with a pale complexion

Good for you. We're not all out to impress you though are we? or any other man for that matter.

are you using the light or dark one?

Try using a latex glove under the mitt. Definitely use a mitt for best results though :)

I am using the light/normal one but I fear the dark one might turn me orange! My friend who is a sunbed addict said that wasn't even great for her and she's practically black from tanning.

Ha ha, I totally did that the last weekend! Went into Boots for a pair, it does work better I suppose but unfortuantely is just as fiddly.. :D

Nothing's wrong with it but nothing's wrong with wanting a bit of colour every now and again as well. It's not your body, or you buying the tan with your own money, or applying it so why do you care like?

Plus I'm not a woman so your concern isn't warranted. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Anyone here try "Wow Brown"?? I bought a bottle of it ages ago and never tried it! Was thinking of giving it a whirl tonight cos I've a few nights out coming up.

I love the colour from L'oreal Sublime Bronze Gel, and it makes my skin SO soft- but it takes aaaaages to try and has a bit of a smell. :(

On recommendation of a load of my friends, I bought Hi-Shi... don't really like it though! They rave about it and I don't really know why! Kind of felt it seeped into my pores a bit rather than covering my skin.

I liked Tantastic and Top Image tans any time I used them, so I might go back to using them at some stage. Similar consistency to Hi-Shi, but a nicer overall colour.

Apart from using latex gloves for the Sublime Bronze Gel, I'd always use a mitt. The Body Shop and Tantastic ones are good.

I usually just use good old Sally. No smell, goes on easily, dry straight away. Can rub off on to clothes a bit though so wouldn't recommend it if you're wearing white/cream etc.

So, any fans of Wow Brown out there before I try it?? Or will I be the guinea pig?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Caraville wrote: »
    Anyone here try "Wow Brown"?? I bought a bottle of it ages ago and never tried it! Was thinking of giving it a whirl tonight cos I've a few nights out coming up.

So, any fans of Wow Brown out there before I try it?? Or will I be the guinea pig?? :D

I used to swear my Wow Brown. Took me ages to find a stockist as well.

But I got a new bottle and the last two times I've worn it it hasn't been nice. I dont' know if that's of the way I'm applying it or because they changed the formula.

I still have the bottle and I'm going to try it out again after I exfoliate the f**k outta myself.

My sister raves about Xen Tan so I might try that next.

I also wanna try He-Shi - I got a small trial of it the last time I was in getting my eyebrows done but I went swimming the next day so didnt really get to see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I think the Wow Brown is pretty good - I have the liquidy stuff in the spray bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

ams wrote: »
    I think the Wow Brown is pretty good - I have the liquidy stuff in the spray bottle.

I've never tried that one. Is it easy to apply? do you use a mitt?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

I use st moriz and a mitt, Ive used st tropez myself and it came up lovely strong smell though. I believe st moriz is a dupe for tropez

Tried sublime bronze think it's a bit orange for my skin tone. Want to try fake bake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

i wan to try the penneys one too im quiet pale what shade should i go for? i want to get nice colour not too pale or dark.... :):D

iv also heard about xen tan but i see its 40quid in local chemist... mmmmh bit expenisve!

I'm getting the dark St Moriz today, hope it's nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭lubie76

I'm getting the dark St Moriz today, hope it's nice!

I must be the only person not to like st moriz. Found it came off on clothes and only lasted til my next shower. Pity cause I wanted to like it. St tropez all the way for me, pricey but worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭BlackBlade

go natural ladies!
    us lads wont say no but would rather have your own color!

most of ye look like youve been Tango'd!

BlackBlade wrote: »
    go natural ladies!
    us lads wont say no but would rather have your own color!

most of ye look like youve been Tango'd!

How about you don't wear it if you don't like it so much and leave other people decide what to put on themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭BlackBlade

How about you don't wear it if you don't like it so much and leave other people decide what to put on themselves?

Im entitled to my opinion and you to yours!

but what you dont realize is you all look like red pandas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Raqndomer

By far sally hanson is the best! It goes on so evenly and is such a nice colour and since its a spray if you take a shower and some comes off you can just patch it up again :) Fake Bake is absolutley awful it goes on so patcy around the collar bone even with a mitt and if u accidently splas the tiniest drop of water on yourself you basically reck your entire tan.

Yes but the difference is you're commenting on a few and using it as a generalisation of everyone else, worse off of people you don't know/most likely haven't seen (well def considering you think I'm a woman).

I'm just saying if you don't like it, then don't wear it. Never said you aren't entitled to an opinion and just like you I am entitled to one.

Anyway....

I put on the dark St Moriz and I'm dark t'fook! But I found the original looked much darker and washed off quite a lot of the colour.

Also, as nasty as it sounds. I found the original really got into the pores on my chest and made them visible. This one kinda skimmed over them, I'm not sure why but I'm happy about it.

It's quite golden, it's be hard to look orange I think (hope I haven't jynxed myself!).. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Petra Hughes

I dont self apply anymore, I get mine done through salonaddict.ie at a place in the City Centre, where I get the X Factor Tan, Vita Liberta for 15, a price I cant beat.

In the end, I hate the mess of self application, buying the tan, the mitt, and then I miss somewhere. Argh, the mess..........

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

No, not really. You are dragging the thread off topic.

This thread is about users' favourite fake tans, not what men think about fake tan.

Please keep in topic and be courteous to your fellow posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kittenkatxxx

to any of you who have tried the st. moriz fake tan , do you not find that it comes out with a kind of green tinge on the skin? or that it settles in the pours and gives you that dirty look? that's been my experience with it but i havent exfoliated before hand so that could be where im going wrong ! i still havent found the perfect fake tan that doesn't make me break out !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

to any of you who have tried the st. moriz fake tan , do you not find that it comes out with a kind of green tinge on the skin? or that it settles in the pours and gives you that dirty look? that's been my experience with it but i havent exfoliated before hand so that could be where im going wrong ! i still havent found the perfect fake tan that doesn't make me break out !

I'm not a fan of st.moriz at all. I thought i looked really dirty aswel and I had exfoliated!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I only self tan about 2-3 times every 2 months.
    I've used st. Tropes but it got too expensive.
    The I used sublime bronze, loved that too, but as someone already said, took ages to dry! And was a bit stinky.
    I use organic tan now, it's very watery, but it's a dark colour so you can see it going on. Use a mitt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

If any of you use tan on your face then you should try and apply it with a foundation brush, gives you a flawless tan on your face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

I use to swear my St.Tropez tan, I used the moose anytime I was going out the night before and continued using it for about 8months. I then switched as I got sick of waiting for the colour to come up, so I'm actually using TanTastic, which is absolutely brilliant. Love the shade/colour that develops on me as I am pretty pale and it doesnt give that organey tangy colour either which is great. Also if it needs a bit of top up I sometimes just top it up with Bronze Express or Sublime Bronze.

Tried pennys St.Moritz and I absolutely hated it. It left my skin looking dirty with a hint of a greenish colour. Maybe it was the way I applied it but I'll never use it again!

Has anyone used the rockstar tan? Im tempted to try it out! Also considering buying a litre bottle of liquid tan from a salon supplier shop, just so I have tan for whenever I need it plus the colour is generally more 'natural' (I think!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Gilldog

Tried loads of them over the years - the one I always seem to go back to is Lancome Flash Bronzer mousse...I just prefer the colour, more caramel/biscuit than orangey and because im quite pale I think it looks more natural. Plus it dries in a few minutes and you've got a nice colour straight awyy...can't be bothered waiting round for hours for the colour to come up, anytime I used ones that develop later I always found patches that I missed.

If im really broke and in need of a bit of colour i'll go for L'Oreal Sublime but the tinted one, coz again im a bit useless unless there's a guide colour...but that one smells pretty bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

Not a fan of St. Moritz either, it just looks that bit fake. With St Tropez it looks natural because it goes on differently everywhere but I tried the St. Moritz this week and it just looks like I've layered on a really mattifying body makeup. Darn, thought I'd found a much cheaper alternative!

Advertisement