Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What book are you reading atm??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

bluewolf wrote: »
    it was about the TINY BABIES?

yea and what they go through to survive after coming into the world too early. The parents tell their account of having a premature baby or babies. Sadly not all survive , the book highlights how fragile life is and how some babies must fight just to stay alive. Some amazing photographs to go with each story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

the forgotten soldier by guy sajer

any of you wannabe rambos out in keyboard warrior land fancy fighting a war i suggest having a glance at this and then proceed to curling back up into your duvet post haste

would not wish it on anyone, and he was fighting for the nazis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭ashes79

73Cat wrote: »
    His short story collections are brilliant too. One story totally freaked the head off me. Can't remember the name of it but the movie "Sometimes They come Back", was based on it. It's about a guy who picks up a hitchhiker. I'll say no more, in case you haven't read it;)

That story nearly made me puke it freaked me out so much but I love his writing so forgave him & went back for more :D am trying to get all the ones I missed at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭LPHeadstrong

I just started Gears of War: Aspho Fields! Only a few chapters in so far but it's very slow and yet I'm completely hooked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Reading Freakanomics. Had meant to read it for long time but only picked up recently. Interesting enough read, much of it is common sense but still presents some nice insights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

suicide for dummies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

Reading ripley's believe it or not 2011 book. Got the new one so I've to finish off this one first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Sh*t My Dad Says-Justin Halpern.
    What a hilarious dad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Bone Garden-Tess Gerritsen. Read the Surgeon and loved it, so got this. Not nearly as impressed but Ill stick with it in the hope of something amazing happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Trojan Odyssey by Clive Cussler. So far a great read :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

"THe Corrections" Johnathan Franzen.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Deadhouse gates by steven erikson

The wasp.factory by iain banks.

Both awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭gothictwilight

I Partridge

by Alan Partridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Crimbouser

State of the union by douglas kennedy. Really enjoyable so far. I've got 'the particular sadness of lemon cake' to read next. It got some good press so hopefully it will be good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Being and Nothingness, by Sartre. I barely understand any of it, but what I do get is neat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I have Mein Kampf sitting there....I'll get round to starting it during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Satts

needadvi wrote: »
    The Bible
    44leto wrote: »
    Brushing up on the bible because of the time of year.

I love fiction too. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The Elegant Universe: Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory by Brian Greene

Just finished The Night Circus.

Interesting read.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Finest years - Churchill as warlord 1940 - 1945/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

"The Many Deaths of the Black Company" by Glen Cook. I really enjoy the series, got into it because Steven Erikson was influenced by it when he and Ian C Esslemont created the Malazan series.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Led Zeppelin The Clash

Heart Of Darkness by J.Conrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 El_Paolo

Just finished Thud! by Terry Pratchett, great book :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Runaway Dreams, about Mamas Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sapphire3

Another one here reading "I, Partridge" by Alan Partridge :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭concur4u?

got a stocking filler of selected peoms by w b yeats the man was at one with nature and such :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Currently reading: "A Little Man and 100 Cardiacs gigs" which is a great read. Cardiacs are my favourite band in the world.

Got "Under the Dome" by Stephen King for Christmas so may read that next.

Have just finished "Snuff" by Terry Pratchett.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Millenium by Tom Holland..basically about Europe around the turn of the 1st millenium as per the title..fascinating for anyone with even a mild interest in history.
    One I've read recently which is one of the best books I've ever read is "the begrudgers guide to Irish politics" by Brendáin O' h-Eithir...kind of an offbeat history of politics in Ireland, some hilarious stuff in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I've started reading 'one Day' by David Nicholls just cuz it was lying around the office. Havent seen the film, but we'll see how the book gets on and I might check it out after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement