Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What book are you reading atm??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Forever Young: The Story of Adrian Doherty, Football's Lost Genius by Oliver Kay.

It is about a young guy from Tyrone, into writing songs, poetry and playing music, who just happened to play for the Man United youth team/reserve team.

Very easy read, nice flow to it and it is not a typical 'football book' so you do not have to be into football to read it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm reading Terry Pratchett's Wyrd Sisters, it's probably the first Discworld book that hasn't grabbed me. I'll probably take a break when I'm done and reading something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Just finished The Girl On The Train. Good book.

The girl on the train herself was a pain in the face tough.

It also makes you realise that you might perceive some people living certain lives but the reality is often the opposite.

The Watcher by Ross Armstrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Currently reading House of Bones by Graham Masterton.

Waiting on Mississippi Blood by Greg Iles to be released, have been eagerly awaiting this final installment of a seriously good trilogy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

For All Our Sins by TM Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Typhoon by Conrad. A very short but enjoyable read.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I am reading Dancing at Lughnasa. The eldest did it for the Leaving Cert a few years back, and I found her copy of it. I never thought I would find myself reading a play again since my own Leaving, but it is brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wardling

The first fifteen lives of Harry August by Claire north.

Just finished it today. Quick & easy read. Very enjoyable.

The Devil's Bones by Jefferson Bass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

NightSchool ....one of the Jack Reacher series....by Lee Child

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I'm reading "Do not pass GO" by Tim Moore. An exploration of London streets and areas,as they are listed on the Monopoly board. If you like Bill Bryson, this is in the same vein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

'Mistborn' by Brandon Sanderson.

I've some time off now so I'm looking forward to getting properly stuck into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Reading Rebecca Solnit's Men Explain Things to Me and Other Essays. It's a really interesting albeit depressing collection. My attention span is not the best at present so the short essays are ideal!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I'm reading The Lost City of Z, it's about reallife adventurers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. Beast of a thing been at it months

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

American Psycho

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

The glorious heresies Lisa McInerney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Just received notification that Mississippi Blood by Greg Iles is ready to be picked. Impressed, it was only published a few days ago. Really looking forward to it. It's the final part of the Natchez Burning trilogy and been a few years since I started the first book. Doctor Nick is happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

just finished "the butchers of berlin" by chris petit a facinating murder yarn set in 1943 berlin couldn't put it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

not reading anything at the moment but waiting impatiently for Assassins fate by Robin Hobb due in a months time.At which point I will be disappearing from the face of the earth for 4 or 5 days. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Many Coloured Land by Julian May. It's the first book in a trilogy about people who use a one-way device to go back in time to the Pliocene era and when they get there find they're not the first. It's part sci-fi, part fantasy and takes a whole lot from Irish mythology.

First read it about 20 years ago and it's one of those rare series that I g back to and reread every couple of years.

The Many Coloured Land by Julian May. It's the first book in a trilogy about people who use a one-way device to go back in time to the Pliocene era and when they get there find they're not the first. It's part sci-fi, part fantasy and takes a whole lot from Irish mythology.

First read it about 20 years ago and it's one of those rare series that I g back to and reread every couple of years.

Oh I read that too many moons ago. Love it. Have you the hardcopy or have you been able to find a softcopy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Win or Learn - John Kavanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ashleighc2013

Before I go to sleep by S.J Watson.

Oh I read that too many moons ago. Love it. Have you the hardcopy or have you been able to find a softcopy?

They're the same softbacks I initially read in the 90s. Falling apart slightly now, so I might have to look at getting replacements.

They're the same softbacks I initially read in the 90s. Falling apart slightly now, so I might have to look at getting replacements.

Shame. I only have the first one still, the others are history..haven't been able to find them in softcopy but if you have any luck do PM me please?

Shame. I only have the first one still, the others are history..haven't been able to find them in softcopy but if you have any luck do PM me please?

Will do. I think they're available on kindle now too if you have an e-reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

71 results on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=the+many+coloured+land&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=the+many+coloured+land&_sacat=0

• Advertisement

Will do. I think they're available on kindle now too if you have an e-reader.

btw- you are aware that that trilogy is followed by the galactic trilogy I presume?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement