Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV

Options
  • 16-08-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi,

Sky TV have cut us off today and cancelled our subscription. We're not behind in our payments. When my wife called them today she was told that there was a warning on our account saying that our account has been cancelled due to the fact that our card was used abroad and under no circumstances are we to be reconnected. my wife was told that it was under our t+cs not to use the card abroad.

However;

We definately did not use our card abroad, at any time.

Sky have been very unhelpful, just reguritating this above quote, and they don't seem to know who to transfer us to with our issue.

Does anyone have any idea what I could do?
    Is there a regulator or ombudsman over Sky in Ireland?
    Anyone ever been through this situation before with Sky?

Apologies now if this isn't the correct forum!

Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Staff Sergeant

is this topic in the appropriate forum?

If not I'd appreciate being redirected.

Best Regards

Gary Molloy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You waited a mere 37 minutes before bumping it?

Best to try the Consumer Issues forum - dunno if Sky have a rep on here but they might

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jblack

is this topic in the appropriate forum?

If not I'd appreciate being redirected.

Best Regards

Gary Molloy

If they are citing the card being used contrary to their terms and conditions then you should request them to produce evidence of same, otherwise you may have an action for unlawful termination of your contract.

Seek;

where and when card was used and by whom

• Registered Users Posts: 10,366 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

This is bizarre, there are thousands of people who use their Sky boxes outside the relevant area - particularly in the south of Spain. Sky generally imposes extra charges where multi room subscription boxes and cards are not connected to he sae telephone line. If you have never taken your box overseas I cannot see how ut can have been used. The card and box are paired and just inserting the card in another box doesn't work.

I remember renting a villa in Spain from an English guy who ran a business installing Sky up and down the Costa del Sol. He had all of the cards registered on separate accounts to the same UK address (his in laws) and said that e though Sky were very happy with the additional customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Jakethe

Sky definitely has better picture quality than upc

• Advertisement
Advertisement